BigJohnny Posted April 20, 2009 Author Report Posted April 20, 2009 i feel ya bigjonny, im out of work for the time bein and have 6 kids but lil side jobs help out for sure. hell a buddy paid me 30 bucks to throw in a HU and that covered startin my A pilars to keep me sane while looking for reg work. even when i was workin as a auto tech and after child support for 4 kids i only had 5-600 every 2 weeks to live off with 2 more kids in the house with us. its just how much drive a person has to sacrifice some things in every day life to save a lil spending cash. bargains, used items and hell even pawn shops are my best friends lol. its cheaper for those of us on a tight budget but works. its a never ending cycle too cuz now that i started the A pilars i gotto do some electrical upgrading soon so my voltage wont drop = more money then i have lol. but i am determined to get it done... whenever i have cash lol I can sacrifice stuff, i often do..... but my gf tends to not feel the same way, and I can't sacrifice something that will affect my family. X2!! Try $7.25/hr...... Do you pay rent? have a child? If your still living at home or something, in the end you probably have way more spending cash than I do..... I wish I could still be living at home These times are hard no doubt about it. One way I made a little extra cash on the side was this... Go to a part of the city or surrounding area you live in that is building houses. Its usually the richer parts of town. Find the builder of the homes and sit him down personally. Tell him you will be here ever week to clean a house out of all the trash, lumber, drywall, etc etc. It usually takes about a month for a house to be built so thats 4 times you clean out this house. And when you get 5-10 houses to do, it starts adding up. People leave all sorts of things on job sites. Copper is a big one. It takes alot of copper to wire a house and the excess just gets tossed and not used. Pick it up, strip it and make some money that way. Things like that will usually get you some extra spending money my friend.I never thought of that, but even just going down to the places after hours and picking of the scraps of copper. Things like the extra pieces of wire from trimmings and what not.... would take a long ass time to add up, but it would eventually.I work and save for alot of my stuff, but with my job if it rains, snows, too cold, what have you I cant work, so thats where my partial parental sponsorship comes in haha But the best way is to just scrimp scrape and save your money, it makes you feel better in the end when you see the finished product and know that it all came from your money, your time, your blood sweat and tears.I know all about the satisfaction to which you are referring, thats why I do the things I do ...... my gf doesn't quite understand, as mentioned above.A month? In the richer part of town? Just tossing out copper? Where are YOU from?small scraps add up. i dont sleep, i work 24/7, my girl hates it...07sonatasp.ed knows what i mean, he's seen me work 8-10, run errands, cook dinner, put a system in (for him) while i do laundry from like 12-2 or 3am, shower, catch a wink, wake up at 7 for breakfast and do it all again when my primary job isnt so busy (like 9-6 or 8, not 8-10 or midnight, or 6 not 7 days a week) i install on the side for a few bux (like throw h/us in for 20 or 30 bux, throw amps in, whatever) did the construction clean up thing for a while, the copper wasnt worth my time on the sites i was on, but the 14/hr was sooooo worth it did lawncare on sundays for a while, work like 6am-3pm and get 100-200 bux for "spring cleanup", like getting all the downed sticks, leaves, airate grass, lay fertalizer, etc...it was me, a buddy, and his dad's equipment, we drove a friggin lawnmower 5 miles to get to this one house, whatever it took. i usually clear 1000-1100 a week in cash...200 or 300 more if I dont eat out every day and ride my bike to work, but sometimes you dont have the time or motivation. can always surf craiglist free stuff/curb alerts for a/c units and break em down and get like 50-75 bux apiece (atleast when copper was higher, theres a shitton in those things) or you can hustle...the only people that dont make money are the ones with no motivation, there is a million and one things to do and the only thing stopping you is the time you can spare and the energy you have I have motovation man, god I have motovation, but I don't know how to make use of my skills or end up in a better job that I'm actually going to go somewhere.I've actually had a really good idea for a business today, but the problem is i'm not a business minded person, so I don't know how I would ever get it going, or even where the fuck to start the process of turning the idea into an actual business..... I'm so lost with that. There is so much I could/want to do but I just don't know how. I don't actually have ANY friends, I'm not kidding. so there isn't any word of mouth for people needing HUs installed and such for side jobs. if you have the DRIVE there is ALWAYS a way to make cash ALWAYS, no exceptions yo might have to work for less than you believe you're worth, or do something noone wants to do, but there is ALWAYS something to do ALL THE TIME It's not always that cut and dry man. Believe me, I have the drive, the motivation, I just lack the damn knowledge to apply it. My city also sucks complete fucking ass when it comes to audio stuff like this, so my box building/install skills are basically pointless here..... especially when you see the idiots that live here with their pre-fab off the shelf systems. fuck, I'd love to start my own car audio shop, and eventually my own custom shop for doing some really tricked out shit, but it goes back to the how.... how the hell do I do it?
_AnGeL_ Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 work 40+ hours a week, right now its getting hard to save up and spend moeny on audio stuff as i recently moved out and am living with my gf now, buying stuff for the house adds up quick but we are pretty much settled in now. after we are settled i will try to put away 150+ from each pay check so that'll be about 300 a month and of course i can work OT for extra cash. all this is getting paid $12.25 per hour still got alot of stuff to buy to finish my build, ill most likely save up all the money and then buy everything at once. Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720 Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 Amp Kit: Knukonceptz Coming Soon: already ordered Sub: 2 DD T1508's Amp: Sundown saz-1500 Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!
HHR Ed Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 I see so many people with crazy systems, even systems that aren't all that crazy but still cost a pretty penny. I've always wondered how do you guys pay for it all? I personally don't work a great job, and I have a family so it ends up taking me forever to get things done. People in the business (installers etc) I would assume have a greater advantage, but I highly doubt I'm going to land that job anytime soon....especially in my city. unless I work for best buy or future shop, and even then they want certified people, and the pay to start is worse than I make now. about 7 years ago I took out a $20,000 loan to build my dream system and to finally make it to the db drag World Finals. Well, I accomplished what I wanted. but I am still paying for it. Dont take out a loan. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
bumonskateboard6 Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 Computers, car mechanical and audio, home audio, entrepreneur. Current Systems: 2011 BMW 335i Hertz HDP1 DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber 2002 Acura TlKenwood DNX9980HD2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 CoilsDC 3.5kHertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 RearHertz HDP4 AmpDC Power Engineering 260 Amp AltBig 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0XS Power D2400 Up Front i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch... going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box... Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth. A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?
RamenNoodles Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 I turn tricks Im Bills trick. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
MATTMAN24 Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 i have been working for 5 years, i love work lets see i have worked at.... Oxford Street - busser, disher, part cook Spring creek barbaque - 3 year job worked up to manager (loved this place) Hollytree Golf Coarse - cart boy (hey free golf) Buffalo wild wings - server made my most money ever in 2 months Gander mountain - working achery deparment HIDS and projector headlights forsale http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99528-hid-projector-headlights-and-hid-kit-look/ 24's and Tires forsale http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/100286-24s-with-tires-for-sale-east-texas/
99GPGTX Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 Minimum wage ftl...i just save up some from student loans too Currently: 2015 Evo X WW Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers Build: Crescendo Mezzos x2 Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1 Loaded Fi Q12 Second Skin Pro XS D5100 RF 360.2 Sky High Audio Wiring Need: ALTERNATOR! PREVIOUS 1999 Grand Prix GTX 3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded 12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids: Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit: knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400 TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!! Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab
Mikesmith0890 Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 Student Loans Financial Aid Min wage... Saving is the key here though, AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
BURRITO Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 residual income! i spend more time with my family, and doing what i like to do... let me show you how! http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...amp;CO_LA=US_EN Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=
MTX J30 Posted April 20, 2009 Report Posted April 20, 2009 some guy said he makes money from gaming. how do you make money from gaming. Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.