Jump to content

How Do You Pay For It All?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I see so many people with crazy systems, even systems that aren't all that crazy but still cost a pretty penny.

I've always wondered how do you guys pay for it all? I personally don't work a great job, and I have a family so it ends up taking me forever to get things done.

People in the business (installers etc) I would assume have a greater advantage, but I highly doubt I'm going to land that job anytime soon....especially in my city. unless I work for best buy or future shop, and even then they want certified people, and the pay to start is worse than I make now.

Posted

i used to own a website selling car and home audio so i have a good hookup with distributors. also, credit cards are good too. shop now, pay later. just remember not to overdo it.

:)

Posted

basically just saving up money i earned from work, i didn't buy anything on credit, all on just pure savings

Posted

basically just saving up money i earned from work, i didn't buy anything on credit, all on just pure savings

thats the best way to do it imo

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Posted

The way Im going to pay for my huge system, is with the money I made while deployed. Gotta love those tax free checks! :D

Posted

I do close up magic at parties. It's not necessarily a cash magnet, but it's all the cold beer you can drink, so the money I don't spend there can go to save. And you meet new ladies every night so it's not like you gotta get into a situation where you have to spend money on one greedy girl. ;)

Also, when it comes to gaining experience, and making money, use the skills you have building systems and installing to get some quick installs for friends. It'll put experience under your belt and a few bucks as well.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Posted

Personally by saving up and buying 2nd hand bargains until recent years where I am good friends with a distributor who cuts me a good deal as I help him build BIG installs for his customers. Currently we are working on a nice little van, sporting 4 x 18" DC level 5s which you can see work in progress in the DC section.

Posted

Sell shit :D trust me eBay has been my friend the past few years for getting rid of my junk

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

  • 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...