Spare Tire Well , First Time Question

hi everyone i am tubbing out my spare tire well the car is 2005 Hyundai sonata i will be building a mdf enclosure over the tub, just laid down my first two layers of mat/cloth. i packed it up for today all the bending into the trunk is killing my back any way my question is will i need to sand the tub down a Little be for i continue tomorrow or can i just go ahead and continue where i left off.sorry for the noob question but first time working with glass.oh almost forgot it's Elmer's resign from Lowe's.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

lol yeah sand it down but the wax isnt coming off

Yeah it should, when resin with wax in it dries, the wax builds up on the top extremity of the layer. If you sand that down, it removes the wax layer and then you have solid resin to work onto.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

the wax is in the resin, not just the top of the layer. if you work with a bonding resin you will find out it is almost impossible to sand the sandpaper will stick to the resin instead of straching the surface when sanding a resin with wax in it

Roseville, CA

The guy needs ur help guys dont get into a arguement over nothing. Help the guy out

My man Just sand the resin to ruff it up a little to get the second coat to adhere to your first layer this will also help smooth out the second layers and make it a lot easier when you are ready for final sanding.

i have said this before sanding reisn with wax doesnt get the wax off all it does is makes it less smooth and allows the resin to take a hold better on the first layer. think of putting bondo on a painted car its not going to stick to the paint unless you sand it first. i like to do three layers of mat at a time and i dont know what kind of power you will be running but for most applications 6 layers of matt will be plenty. but sanding between coats is a good idea so incase you just couldnt get that one piece to lay flat you can sand it down so the next layer wont follw the fuck up.

Roseville, CA

thanks for all the input fellas, one more question just put another three layers of mat on thats going to be four layers and two layers of woven cloth . when will it be safe to pull mold from the trunk so i can get it to my work bench and finish it?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters