Questions About Excessive Amperage Alt.

I am about to purchase a 200 amp alt from EA. I have heard that Ohio Generator,Iraggi, and EA are all good and EA gave me the best quote, 360 dollars flat out, including tax and shipping.

I was wondering if anyone knows about how many amps the alt puts out at idle?

If i come to a red light,sitting at 800 RPMs at idle and am bumping my music trying to pull 150 amps and the alt only does we will say 70 amps at idle, what will happen. I do not want to end up spending the money only to find out that i screwed it up. Is that when my battery (yellow top or red top not sure yet) and kinetik(probably the one chode has) will come into play? I have heard the term "spike" when you are trying to pull amps you are not capable of pulling, and have heard that is one reason to fuse your Power wire from your alt to your Batteries Positive.

Also when it says 200 Amp alternator, i know that means 200 Amp max, but is that at 14.4 Volt? I could be way off here but i am asking.

Nathan Peddicord said i could send him a personal check since i do not have pay pal set up, do you think that i would be alright sending it in. Being 17 it just seems like people are always trying to take advantage of you thinking your ignorant, and with all the scams i just want to double check. I have heard reputable things but it is good to be chary of expensive investments. My dad is also not to fond of just sending in a check and waiting.

But i must say with all my experience with EA so far, i got the best customer service ever. I think i exchanged 6 emails in one day, and got all my answers i needed to set it off.

Edited by Texas Tech

Baylor University

Accounting

youll be perfectly fine with a 200amp from nathan, i have used them and i know Ray has as well with no problems whatsoever. depending on what pulley you have that will determine your idle voltage/amperage as well as what he has it rated at as every one of them are different.

mine does 140 at idle and 200 after 2k rpm

so should i ask nathan about a certain pulley to get the maximum idle power needed, would he have soemthing for me or is this mroe of a go to your local car shop and ask them waht they have and they test it to see how much it puts out at idle.

I am guessing that you want the shortest in length pulley around your alternator because that will make it go faster

Baylor University

Accounting

Can I add that sending a check is perfectly safe since now you have a paper trail and evidence of transaction. The check even states why you are writing the check. Ive used checks to order from cruthfield before, it just usually takes a while longer for everything.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Yeah checks and money orders are fine. thats the way ive ordered my whole system.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

thanks for the info i feel more comftorable doing it, i just dont want to be the guy that orders on ebay and doesnt get his money or his product

Edited by Texas Tech

Baylor University

Accounting

I feel ya man, Ive never ordered off ebay there are just WAY too many scammers out there taking advantage. I like a solid purchase with a charge card or check and know exactly what im getting.

Also, that alt is a great deal for $360 shipped. You'll be happy, they're a reliable brand

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Excessive amperage sells wire with the ring terminals already attached and the wire cut to the length needed for your car. Has anyone ordered from them or should i jsut buy from somewhere else (Big 3)

Baylor University

Accounting

your idle RPM is @ the crank not the alt. So you could figure the ratio between the crank and the alt pully to see what the alt. is spinning.

I have a 160 amp Wrangler alt from NorthWest Power Products/Regulators and Love it. Mine is externally regualted and is about 6-7 years old now. Still going strong.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator