Second Skin Audio

Trunked Vehicle Enclosures

back in the day when i bumped trunk systems, subs back and port back was the loudest. walling off the trunk is even louder than that though.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

on my bird it "seemed" louder to the back was it no. it metered the same and it rattled the hell out of everything. I have slot loeaded upward thru the rear deck and no change, i have fired them up and no change i have fired them forward and sealed off the trucnk and no change. but this could be a bird thing, this car is a pain in the ass for the meter.

i built a box with two soundstream SPL12's in my car 136db in a small cutlass something , just put the box in the trunk 142db , same power

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

You can seal off your trunk by facing your subs inside the cabin, and making an airtight seal round the box so that 100% of the sound is going into the cabin area and not any into the trunk. But it HAS to be 100% airtight to get the right effect.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

if you seal it to the trunk there would be a way to fold the seats up? <_< i think thats my new project when i get my fi soon :D

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

Here's a pic David shared to explain this on the old forum:

(Thats A LOT of foam!)

mustang021.jpg

Edited by Chris

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

ports/sub back has always been louder to the ear, then I walled off/sealed it off the trunk and it was waaaaay louder

I cant seal it off because the box would be so big and it would take up about 85-90% on my trunk. (Im not doing rear fills so the 4x10" openings on the rear deck will be used to let air into the cabin). 1.....I can do 2-BTL12s sub/port back and have about a foot between the subs/port and the rear of the trunk with about 2500-3000rms each. 2......I can do 3-BL12s with subs facing up about 4" under the rear deck and have areo ports facing back with about 1700rms each. Or 3....I can have 2-BL 15s facing up about 2.5" under the rear deck with aero ports facing back with about 2000rms each. Which do u guys think would be louder?

Edited by CUT BUDDY
00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

well pretty soon ill be doin 2 BL's but if sealin off the cabin from the trunk will be louder i'd rather do that.

if your not sealin off do subs back/port back

does david have any more pics on site?

Edited by D_Bass

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL