Sonic Electronix

Biggest Mistakes Made While Box Building

burning a bearing off a flush trim bit in the middle of a circle cut sucks ass.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

put in too much hardener in resin...it started to boil

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

man some mistakes ive made was thinking that i needed to subtrace the thickness of the box twice when really only once so half the pieces came out to short.

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

i been through the wood splitting thing sux but i got around i

now i laughed my ass off at my friend. he was putting a 15" PA fubar sub in a 325i BMW took a bunch of measurements, done all kinds of calculations for the port ect.

built the box but could not get it through the trunk opening, thats the where he didnt measure

Seen that happen more than once :lol:

n2caraudio.com

Many times I had router bit bearings explode on me, or fall off, etc etc...

1 time I used some craftsman circle jig to cut holes for the subs, but didnt tighten the center fixture, so the circle ended up oblong, and just completly screwed up

measurments ofcourse

haha, forgot to glue wood, and dude came back after a week saying his box was flexing to much, and ratling like a mofo, and I had to go and throw some 2"x2" soaked in glue screwed/nailed, and realized another week later, another glue joint on the box was found to not be glued... ohhh damnnn

out of 150 documented speaker boxes not built on the job, and maybe another 150 on the job, I would say my screw ups are many to some people but most others I have equated to about 1 fuck up every 25 boxes or so....

Oh yeah, I had pnuemonia one time, and I was building a box for a dude, had a deadline I was trying to meet, and I was damn near faint, I had shot my fingers twice with 1.5" 18gauge brad nails, and cut the tip of my finger off trying to cut carpet for that box..... I finally gave up for a week to get better

NEVER AGAIN will I build a box that sick ever again

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Seen that happen more than once :lol:

I learned my leasen on that mistake, I ALWAYS MEASURE THE TRUNK OPENING First, then inside the trunk second

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived