Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Re Audio Se Blowing So Easy


Recommended Posts

Posted

i have gone through two re audio se's now which were not mine. the first one the magnet came like deconstructed from the rest of the sub and the other one the spider came completely away from the voice coil. i am running them off of a rockford fosgate t1000bd at 2 ohms gain was at 1/4 and bass boost was off. i guess its just bad quality of sub or too much power or the box which id 4cuft tuned to 40hz

Posted
i have gone through two re audio se's now which were not mine. the first one the magnet came like deconstructed from the rest of the sub and the other one the spider came completely away from the voice coil. i am running them off of a rockford fosgate t1000bd at 2 ohms gain was at 1/4 and bass boost was off. i guess its just bad quality of sub or too much power or the box which id 4cuft tuned to 40hz

I installed two of those in my dad's truck and together have seen 3000W at times without any problems. Been two years and sound beautiful. As far as separating spider, that sounds like someone isn't very good at recones. Were they reconed? I love my SE's, they are little titans. Pretty cheap too on ebay. Atleast its easy to get soft parts for those woofers. Either you got took or you have some really shitty luck my friend.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Posted
I installed two of those in my dad's truck and together have seen 3000W at times without any problems. Been two years and sound beautiful. As far as separating spider, that sounds like someone isn't very good at recones. Were they reconed? I love my SE's, they are little titans. Pretty cheap too on ebay. Atleast its easy to get soft parts for those woofers. Either you got took or you have some really shitty luck my friend.

no they were my friends and he got them from ebay also before he let me borrow them he had them n a fosgate 1500 at 1 ohm and they were seeing some watts then but now i guess i just do have bad luck. i feel really bad though because they are not mine.

Posted
your boy prob clipped the shit out of them

I am the owner of the subs. And I never clipped them.

I understand what clipping is and set everything up with a DMM and a good ear.

I never pushed the woofer to far and never ran them for very long.

I know my RF 1500-bd was a little much for them but it was never set to high.

Maybe the ported box could be a problem? Was tuned a little high?

Blue-thunder had the subsonic filter on.

-Critical-Audio

146.8db Acclaim (Sold)

2 RE Audio SE 15" Custom Box

RF T1500.1 RF T600.4

Memphis PR Mids/Highs

06' Altima 3.5l SER Built Motor

1 15" Fi Car Audio SSD

RF T1500.1 RF T600.4

RF T3 6.5" Components Front

RF T1 Rear Doors/Rear Deck

SQ Corolla S Daily Driver

1 JL W3 12" Custom Box

HAT Clarus Components 6.5"

JL Audio 300/4v2 & 500/1v2

Posted

Maybe you played music without the subsonic filter on, and (way) below tuning frequency.

Those are my thaughts.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 445 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...