DC Sound Lab

How Come So Many People Are Getting 15'''s?

i have heard many dc 18s and they play music fine, 1lowsuv has 4 lvl4 18s play music fine, i had 1 18 music was fine. ill soon have 2 18s in my durango and 1 in my van, c45 iirc has lvl4 xl 18s sounded great.

edit: i just like 15s and 18s because EVERYONE has 12s, on the streets you see a few 15s but not many with 18s.

Please dont tell me that now i only jus put the 15's in :search:

I suppose though that i had to be persuaded that a 15 would still play nice and now i have used 15's i doubt i,ll ever fit anything smaller, the lvl4 15 drops so nice but punches hard too in a box tuned at 32hz

I bet the 18's drop silly low http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

I went 15 cuz an 18 woulda been too big for my car I think

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

i thought about going with 4 15's for a sec for my new setup since i cant fit 4 18's behind my back seats in a wall. but i scratched that and went with 2 18's for now till i get another amp and a third 18. in the past i've just had better luck with 18's, and i think big woofers look intimidating :)

I think I've convinced myself to go with Two DC Level 4 12''.

They're going into the box that I already have:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=301

Posted Image

Does anyone here see any problems? It's going to be a total of 2400 watts off two eD nine.1 amps strapped.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Because for like 20$ more you can be louder...

Exactly! I feel like I 'could have' done better for a little extra $. But I'm always limited due to trunk space :(

If I wasn't going back to school next year, I'd wall off my damn camry and do two 15''s

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

i got 2 15's because for my trunk just because everyone with a trunk does 2-12's fromwhat i see on the street.

not only that but i had 15's in a sealed box and they beat like hell in my car. i sold them so that i can get 2-12's ported but already im thinking about 15's again its just that i need more trunk because the army has me traveling alot and i got to fit my shit in the trunk

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 optima yellow top (rear)

1 xs power 5100r (front)

big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

just like they said on top its all on how much room you got to work with!! i had a chance to go wit 2 15s dc's but i chose da 12s cause ill have more room fo my legs and i can see of the back window on my truck!!! u will move more air wit 15s dan 12s but its yo choice

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

im only runnin a single 12 that handles 400 rms, so then i was gonna get a DC lvl3 12 for more power handling. after some thinkin i decided to go with a 15 to get more bang for my single sub setup. i dont have alot of room, not enough for 2 12s or 2 15s but would be easier for me to run a single sub over multiple subs. so in my case 1 15 will do fine....for now until i "need" bigger lol. IMO its about what works with whats wanted, or somethin like that :D

well im running lv 4 12's in a trunk car just because deck height restraints. But they are loud enough for me. They are just power hungry. Im stepping up in amp power soon so we will c what they can really do.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com