And here's what I just got :spiteful:

18 inch Solo X

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(such a small phone and 20 oz soda)

To go in this.

Posted Image

Going with an 8 cube sealed box with 1 1/8 thick MDF. Had to order it so that won't be in until next week. Amp I am still undecided on. I may just order another 1608d and run two on the one sub or go with a Colossus. I want to stay around 3200 watts.

I'll post more as I start building the box.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif ??

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

how many watts can that thing take?

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Holy Shit that thang should BANG.

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Why are you going sealed on that beast? Ported would Def. be the way to go to get that thing to come to life.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

they arent that great sealed...ported is what they like

and they arent underrating that 3200watts at all, its an spl sub, its meant for a burp. 5-10k it will hold on a burp no problem. play it for half an hour with 4k and it'll blow

2000-2500 is all it reliably takes daily, atleast in my experience (after the 5th spair on the same car and my kicker rep wouldnt give us a hookup anymore)

just think about the dc lvl 5, 2000wrms, 20k max...thats where that 10k on the solo-x comes from, its about all it can hold on a burp...putting more than like 3k on it is asking for some burnt copper

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

they arent that great sealed...ported is what they like

and they arent underrating that 3200watts at all, its an spl sub, its meant for a burp. 5-10k it will hold on a burp no problem. play it for half an hour with 4k and it'll blow

2000-2500 is all it reliably takes daily, atleast in my experience (after the 5th spair on the same car and my kicker rep wouldnt give us a hookup anymore)

just think about the dc lvl 5, 2000wrms, 20k max...thats where that 10k on the solo-x comes from, its about all it can hold on a burp...putting more than like 3k on it is asking for some burnt copper

This is the reason of going sealed and 3200 watts... It's for everyday use. I'm also building the box at specs for a ported enclosure in case i dont like it sealed. I am firing the sub up and want the front to be plexi, but unsure of that as of now. I'd love to show that beast off. :spiteful:

Edit: plus we all know Hifonics amps are a little over rated. Says 3200...probably 2800 ish.

Blown

I would take the Colossus over the two 1608's anyday. As for the daily comment, I think that motor would stay cooler in a ported box rather than sealed. Ported on 3200 watts daily= a gooood time.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

I would take the Colossus over the two 1608's anyday. As for the daily comment, I think that motor would stay cooler in a ported box rather than sealed. Ported on 3200 watts daily= a gooood time.

Drew

Yea I have been torn between the two and figured with the way I am building the box, it leaves me the option to port. 38x23x23 estimate. Thats roughly 8.9 cubes, then figure in bracing, sub and possible port...should be close to 7.5 to 8 ported.

Whats funny, is Kicker actually recommends the sub in a sealed box for everyday use and ported for SPL. I dont know. I haven't got the wood yet, just a woody. :o

Blown

Ya sealed gonna be a no good.. Just wait and see I guess

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Archived