If I were you I would invest in a new "spair" for that baby, the 1st gen (light grey) cones have a bad problem of seperating and cracking. The new cones are stronger

And I agree about going ported. although the x's do perform well in sealed, to me it's a waste of a beastly woofer. It will be sooooooo much louder ported

I built a wall in my friends ext cab tundra with 2 soloX 12's on 2 zx1500's and it was a a beast, nobody believed him when he said he only had 2 12's. Metered in the high 140's, till one of the cones seperated...

'05 escalade - now for sale :(

'96 civic hatch - 4 Sundown SA-8's on an Aq2200d

TL numbers coming soon

'00 suburban - 4 AQ sdc2.5 15's on 2 Aq2200d's

153.1db @ 40hz / 150+db on music

now retired

sealing up an SPL woofer is a total contradiction. like a groundpounder trying to be an SQ car. just not made to do so. sealing that sub wouldnt even cross my mind. i ported the two i had. sounded pretty decent at least. then i started having problems with them and got rid of them

Yea I have been torn between the two and figured with the way I am building the box, it leaves me the option to port. 38x23x23 estimate. Thats roughly 8.9 cubes, then figure in bracing, sub and possible port...should be close to 7.5 to 8 ported.

Whats funny, is Kicker actually recommends the sub in a sealed box for everyday use and ported for SPL. I dont know. I haven't got the wood yet, just a woody. :o

im guessing these are outside measurements(sp)?

Roseville, CA

they arent that great sealed...ported is what they like

and they arent underrating that 3200watts at all, its an spl sub, its meant for a burp. 5-10k it will hold on a burp no problem. play it for half an hour with 4k and it'll blow

2000-2500 is all it reliably takes daily, atleast in my experience (after the 5th spair on the same car and my kicker rep wouldnt give us a hookup anymore)

just think about the dc lvl 5, 2000wrms, 20k max...thats where that 10k on the solo-x comes from, its about all it can hold on a burp...putting more than like 3k on it is asking for some burnt copper

Solo Xs Can handle 5k daily. On music. Heres two running off 4 2500.1s Older models but they played music just fine..... Min givin Me a demo... BUT its ported

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Solo Xs Can handle 5k daily. On music. Heres two running off 4 2500.1s Older models but they played music just fine..... Min givin Me a demo... BUT its ported

Dang that looks like mine :D . What did he do for a score? And also I know they will atleast take 4k each daily.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

ya you can get 5k out of them subs on daily i know many people who can so if you cant theres and issue but 5k no problem and i dont mean to make it seam so bad but more power to you

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

Dang that looks like mine :D . What did he do for a score? And also I know they will atleast take 4k each daily.

He did 154 sealed on the windsheild...Termpro specs with a newer model TL.

I forget what it was with the drivers side window down.....Its fuckin loud tho.

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

I'm reconsidering the sealed. I just need to figure out a new box design. And yes those our outer measurements. I can use the box and port it, but my measurements may have to change some...Monday, I get the wood.

I'm considering the Hellfire 2500.1, but the wife isn't considering it! haha.

With the SPAIR...it is a new sub. If it seperates, then I'll switch it out.

Thanks for the persuasive responses!! :give_rose:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived