Second Skin Audio

Designing Enclosures...

from strut tower to strut tower I have 36.25" gonna aim for 35.75" so I have a tad bit of room

from the back of my seat to the rear of the hatch is 30"

and height is 17.5" but I was gonna make that about 17.

When I used subwoofertools.com it came up with a ported box that was, I believe, 35.50" x 20" (not sure, but somewhere around that) x 17

I had a port tuning of 35hz, according to kicker specs.

Which and how many subs? How much power you going to toss at it/them?

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

if u need a good box designer find ExpoSport and go to his calculator link at the bottom of the sig.

i mean simple, but its good aswell.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Which and how many subs? How much power you going to toss at it/them?

I'll be running 1 15" L7. For now I'm only maybe putting 500-1100 to it. I'm running it in 4ohms till I upgrade my alt. The amp I'm using is in my sig, the Eclipse one.

1996 Vw Jetta

Crunch 1500watt

1- Kicker 15" L7 @ 1ohm in a 4cu. ft. Ported Enclosure Tuned to 32Hz.

4- 6.5" Menace Door Speakers &

2- Menace super tweeters in the dash

139.11db @ 40hz (6/2010..old amp setup)

I've tried winisd and the driver database either isn't complete or it isn't accurate.

Bassboxpro sometimes doesn't even load properly especially under vista.

There's user here named "Thumper" who buids boxes and his site mentions that he uses a program called termpak but I haven't had any luck finding it.

Also in winisd it only gives you the choice of a square or round port. I want to make slot ports and flare em.

Thanks so far for the responses.

I've tried winisd and the driver database either isn't complete or it isn't accurate.

Bassboxpro sometimes doesn't even load properly especially under vista.

There's user here named "Thumper" who buids boxes and his site mentions that he uses a program called termpak but I haven't had any luck finding it.

Also in winisd it only gives you the choice of a square or round port. I want to make slot ports and flare em.

Thanks so far for the responses.

slot ports are variations of squares ...for flares you have to use ......YOUR BRAINS.. i guess thats to much to ask for someone to actually use some of the mathematics they learned before the 5th grade though.

Bassbox Pro is hella tough to use. I still can't figure it out!

The one thing I was looking forward to is an illustration or blueprint type model I could print out. But it doesn't even render what it should look like. Nor does it give ya the cutouts you should end up with. Lame

Bassbox Pro is hella tough to use. I still can't figure it out!

The one thing I was looking forward to is an illustration or blueprint type model I could print out. But it doesn't even render what it should look like. Nor does it give ya the cutouts you should end up with. Lame

im with u man, i just tried it out and shit, i had to use the help and figure out what that shit meant then compare to DD site, hahaha still didnt work so well. the other program seems a bit easier but.. not what i was expecting

siggy.jpg

I've posted numerous times about the easiest way to do this.

1. Find how much air space you'll need. (i.e. 3cu as you stated)

2. Find desired port area (12-16sq in per cu = 36 - 48sq.in.)

3. Use the Lv formula to find your vent length assuming you know your desired tuning (Fb)

4. Calculate port displacement (Lv x Av where Av is port area you found before) compensating for wood thickness

5. Find your max dimensions

6. Build box with total inner space of volume of box (3cu) + volume of port + sub displacement.

After the box is built, the sub will have 3cu of airspace and the box will be tuned to your specs assuming it was built properly.

There's no better way to do it. If you can do simple math on a calculator and know your order of operations, this will be a piece of cake.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/