Sonic Electronix

actually a friend of mine had his subs facing to the side and the port to the rear in his suv and it sounded much louder and any other way. its not applying to trunk cars but i can see how that would get loud i mean if it gets loud in your car the way you have it then do it

so what is the best way to seal off the trunk from the cabin?

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

yea, with sealing off the trunk to cabin, what should you do? I have a rather large box that is 1-2 inches free space on either side and about 3-4 on the top of the box..

How should one seal off his trunk from the cabin. I got subs and ports facing forward. (seat down)

06 SCION tC

i usally make a 1-piece that attaches to the front of the enclosure with a chamber in the front, but since your allready done with the box you can make small "filler" panels, top-sides- and bottom.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

here is what ray is saying...a panel that attaches to the front baffle to seal everything off...which is how i did my first build (kinda rough, but it was my first build/install)

6b669297.jpg

6ac1589f.jpg

and the other way ray was talking about, "filler" panels for sides, bottom, and top, which is my current setup, and a lot cleaner looking..

DSCN1345.jpg

bd3f4489.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1381.jpg

i likes me some audio stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

can you still put the seat back up if you need to? but im sure that takes away most of the bass doesnt it? im thinking about firing forward, something similar to the pics above....i'll have the seat down like 90% of the time, but im just wondering what it sounds like with the seat up if that time comes around.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

yea, i can still put the back seat up, but it doesnt lock in place but only because i got some expanding foam in the lock mechinisim. it doesnt sound too bad with the seat up, but definately looses some loudness

before i sealed everything off i rattled all to hell...after i sealed it all the rattling stopped almost altogether, i cant hear any rattling but there might be just a touch if your listening from the outside.