Image Dynamics Hlcd

mxer111

wow, over 150 views and only 12 responses, half of which are probably mine. :(

I honestly dont believe theres enough people on this forum that even has an Idea what ID hlcds are, let alone ran them, or even heard them.

The horns.

In simple are awesome and sound effen great!!

But theres so much work involved with getting them to sound good.

Ive read over time of people that bought these things and had no idea what they where doing and they could never get them dialed in right becuase lack of expierence or time.

and u talkin bout these right?

Posted Image

Yup dem da ones!! :D Awsomness if you ask me. Have you ever seen the buick gnx comp car built by usd audio. If not google it. the install is clean ass hell and i think it won nationals 4 times using those type of horns....!!!!!!!! Badass im excited now :yahoo:

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

if you have 700-14-- to burn on the horns alone without mids then get them, i have the cd1pros i believe they are and they sound pretty good. i wouldnt recommend putting tons of power on them as youll fry them.

I honestly dont believe theres enough people on this forum that even has an Idea what ID hlcds are, let alone ran them, or even heard them.

The horns.

In simple are awesome and sound effen great!!

But theres so much work involved with getting them to sound good.

Ive read over time of people that bought these things and had no idea what they where doing and they could never get them dialed in right becuase lack of expierence or time.

Yeah i know there's not a bunch cause i had never known about compression drivers made for cars either... But i had put one in a car out of a peavy stage speaker and it was loud as hell but i could never get the staging right. So i googled to see if anyone else had tried it and poof......... these waveguided horns pop up. So i did some research and as far as i can tell it's seems pretty promising. I think i'll give it a shot :D

if you have 700-14-- to burn on the horns alone without mids then get them, i have the cd1pros i believe they are and they sound pretty good. i wouldnt recommend putting tons of power on them as youll fry them.

What do you consider tons of power? How do you think they would work with a couple 8's for mids?

i think youd be lacking midrange

and i wouldnt put over like 35rms on them each

Well what would you suggest for midrange, since you have had a set?

I have heard the ID kits with the 8" mids and they were wonderful to listen to. The problem as has been said is it takes a lot of tuning and many hours of listening to them to get them to sound just right. Usually you need at least a quality 30 band eq something like an audio control or a Symmetry. I would love to get a set in my wife's car but they are a lot of work. If you have the time and patience to tune them then by all means scoop up a pair and give them a try.

the issues i had with them were that i had midbass and tweet and little to no midrange. the mids i used were id cx64

Well what if you would've added a couple 10 inch PA's? You think that would have filled the gap?

Archived