Sonic Electronix

Well, with a kicker symbol on your profile....why not kicker? 2 12" L7 solo barics(4 ohm)....zx 1000, wire to 1 ohm.....would hit hard as hell......

i wanna get the best, not something really good, just the best =] plus i would like the 15" l7s better, except i cant fit that in any car except a hatch, suv, or van

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

ya, I only suggested L7's because he was worried about space.......I have 2 12" solox's.....and they are absolutely retarded....he should get 1 12", I had 1 hooked up for a bit and it is just insane.....

There you go man, 1 12" solo x, 6 cubic ft box, get a zx 2500.1, and not much will be able to touch you. Add a yellow top optima, and u should be under your budget.....

I can give you box specs and ideas if you need them.

well crump-t1 says that a btl shits on a solo x, i think not but whatever

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

There you go man, 1 12" solo x, 6 cubic ft box, get a zx 2500.1, and not much will be able to touch you. Add a yellow top optima, and u should be under your budget.....

i couldnt disagree more. solo x, while a decent sub, is pricey imo. i had one, which did ok for a while. then got another one and just started running into problems with them. and i'm not a fan of their gasket assembly.

the btl's however when i owned them were very nice subs. never had an issue with them ever. so i agree with nightshade with the btl. just make sure your electrical is strong enough to handle the .5 ohm load. the 2 BL's at .5 would also be nice. but remember your warranty is void at .5 ohms

I like my audioque hdc3. Two AQ 12's would be sweet. I'm playing mine 600 watts above rms and it's taking it like a champ.

06 Taurass SE

1 PPI Pro104

MTX TC 4001D Amp

1.5 CU. at 34 hz

After Christmas...

2 PPI Pro104's

Audiopipe 1500D

3.4 CU. at 35 hz

and a BTL pretty much does shit on a solox....but they are both great woofers and do what they are meant to do.

both can hanlde a ton of clean power all day....i think the BTL could handle a little bit more.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

I've heard that 1 18" solo x can take up to 8000 watts daily and 30000 watts for 1 second, idk it might actually depend

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

I really don't know that much about DC audio or Soundstream. Down here in Louisiana not many people have those setups. I have a friend that has 1 18" Solo X and that thing is a beast. If you put the right amp to it nothing can touch it. I'm a JL Audio guy so what about JL Audio.

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

Have you guys heard a SoloX vs a BTL? I'm guessing not. Just because somebody has put 30k on a sub doesn't mean everybody can. I can dump 8k into a Memphis Power Reference for a second without blowing it, but that doesn't mean everybody can. And taking more power on a burp doesn't mean it's "better". He has 2k+ to throw at a setup and as far as the response, the BTL will be the best choice.

In almost all aspects, the BTL wins over a SoloX.

And nothing wrong with DC subs, but the one BTL (or LVL5 if you go DC) wins for the choice.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

what kinda fiberglass enclosure are you going with? what kinda design? i say DC because rusty can prob have that design put on the Dustcap !

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Probably a double baffled 5 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz, fiber glassed on the inside (not the port), and just carpet the outside for looks (similar to Crump-T1's Fi Bl design -------> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry643499

Any other thoughts/recommendations to get the most out of a btl or lvl 5?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.