DC Sound Lab

Walled Crx With 2x 18"xl's

Here Is a few vids of my walled CRX with 2x 18" DCLVL4XL'S Powered by a memphis mcd4kw. My electrical for the car is a 300amp alt, a nsb90, and and a nsb125. My gains are only let a little less then half in both vids. I'm still looking for someone to help me set my gains, someone with a o-scope and the proper test tones.

First vid is a shirt trick at 37hz. I rolled the volume on it, I hit full tilt at about the 7sec mark.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Here is just a vid of some flex on music.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I have to stay in my car to keep my engine at 2k rpms that's why I never get out of the car in my vids.

Remember this is just my daily driver, not a comp vehicle. Plus my box is built past the b pillar, so there is no way I can enter a comp.

Playing 35hz tone. Tuned the amp a little.

Come on........ Who doesn't have a video playing Air forces??

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Cuseikan

Lookin good for sure, thats the first vids ive seen of your system

I've had a lot of issues with getting a memphis that worked. But I finally got it in after nearly a year of building.

And all I can say is just WOW!!! Rusty you make one devastating sub. Like I said I only have the gains set a little less then half and it's just hard to breath in that thing.

I can't find alot of the build pics I took, I accidentally deleted them. And when I went to get them out of the trash bin, I deleted the trash bin :sorry: If I can find my trash bin on my computer, then I can pull the pics out of it.

where did you get a 300amp alt for a honda?

It's a Irragi alt. A large case gm alt. But the problem is I melt belts like crazy!!!!! It doesn't help that it's a 4 grove pulley on the alt, and on my engine is a 3 grove pulley. But it's a great alt. In line with my batts i only drop to 13volts.

looks good

Thanks!!! I'm just trying to break the mold. There's enough crx style boxes out there.

i'll be the first to break it to ya...

you need another 4kw ;)

im likin it more vids!

LOL!!!!! Then you would be happy to know that I'm having a second one repaired, well hopefully. If I do though i'm going to run both of them at 2ohms And get the 4kw out of it like that. Just to ensure a nice long life for my equipment. And possibly LVL5's in the NEAR future.

More vids to come when I can find someone to man the gas peddle so I can crank it without worrying about it dipping too low.

And these XL'S are just plain MONSTERS!!!!! I love them, but my crx might have mixed feelings.