Need Help...*6/11 Update-i'm Sorta Fixed*

On my Laptop now since my computer doesn't want to send a signal to the monitor...

Here's my issue: Turn on my computer and the monitor comes on for a second just to show there is no "input signal" and then it goes to sleep....swapped for another monitor and that one shows "No Signal".... connect the original monitor and cable to another computer and it works fine....I'm assuming its something to do with my computer but WHAT would I look for?

I have swapped cables, unplugged power from both computer and monitor but still get nothing...help a brotha out. :search: :8)

Edited by *1LOWSUV*

well if it pretty much automatically says no signal id say open the computer and blow the dust out and try that as maybe the video card came loose and needs cleaned and reseated. if you can get it to show anythign boot it and hold f8 then choose last known good configuration and it should take you back to a good point

are you able to get anythign on the screen whatsoever besides just instantly no video? also may i ask what kindaq computer it is so maybe i can help a little more specifically

any beeps or whistles etc? that can tell you if the video card went in some cases. there are tons of tricks. Pictures help TJ

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Without knowing anymore info about the specs your pc has (motherboard/cpu ram, etc..) it will be tuff to pin point more ideas, BUT.....Being that your having a "No monitor turn on issue" This is a low level/hardware issue/conflict problem. The guy above who said that maybe removing the monitor drivers, and re install new monitor drivers wont help this issue any. Is your GPU (video card) PCIe, AGP, or PCI interface? If it is a newer PC (meaning bought with in the last 2/3 years) you more then likely will have it either 1 0r 2 ways, intergrated into the motherboard, or PCIe slot. Sometimes a "good" motherboard will feature 2 PCIe slot, perhaps try to swap slots. You more then likely have a BIOS issue or a failing GPU. If your GPU ends up being intergrated into the motherboard, and your motherboard DO HAVE EXPANSION SLOTS, you can always buy a aftermarket GPU, install it, then boot into the PC's BIOS, and disable the onboard crap. Also, we cant rule out that RAM might be the issue here as-well. Take the ram out of the slots, and swap them into another slot. If possible, take a pic of the guts of your PC, I can go further with that. Need more help, let me know.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Without knowing anymore info about the specs your pc has (motherboard/cpu ram, etc..) it will be tuff to pin point more ideas, BUT.....Being that your having a "No monitor turn on issue" This is a low level/hardware issue/conflict problem. The guy above who said that maybe removing the monitor drivers, and re install new monitor drivers wont help this issue any. Is your GPU (video card) PCIe, AGP, or PCI interface? If it is a newer PC (meaning bought with in the last 2/3 years) you more then likely will have it either 1 0r 2 ways, intergrated into the motherboard, or PCIe slot. Sometimes a "good" motherboard will feature 2 PCIe slot, perhaps try to swap slots. You more then likely have a BIOS issue or a failing GPU. If your GPU ends up being intergrated into the motherboard, and your motherboard DO HAVE EXPANSION SLOTS, you can always buy a aftermarket GPU, install it, then boot into the PC's BIOS, and disable the onboard crap. Also, we cant rule out that RAM might be the issue here as-well. Take the ram out of the slots, and swap them into another slot. If possible, take a pic of the guts of your PC, I can go further with that. Need more help, let me know.

if you read his responses your whole post is going to be like german to him