Sundown Audio

.5ohm Stable Amp

Well i will be getting a DVC 1 ohm sub that is 1500rms and 5000rms for a burst. So what i would like to know is there a amp out there that would do between 2000rms and 3000rms @ .5ohm . As i have never had to run a amp this low. I don't really have a budget but i don't want some state of the art amp. Or i could run the sub at 2 ohm but then i would need to fork out more money to find a amp that does between 2000rms and 3000rms @2ohm . But any help pionting me in the right direction would be very helpful.

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

WRONG-------- you could strap 2 amps for a 2 ohm load but no do not run 1 to each coil. u can gain match them but at diff hz they will put out diff amounts of power never the same. it may fair cheaper to buy 2 strappable amps instead of a .5 ohm monoblock, but there are a few 2 ohm mono amps that might have the power you need

American Bass*DC Power

So what you're saying is..I'm not wrong? You can run two amps at 1 ohm stable to each voice coil. As long as you oscope or DMM, you will be fine. By the way. the two amps I listed are master/slave set up.

And I listed one amp thats 5k at 2 ohm.

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

there are few amps out there that the manufacturer will rate at .5ohm. However, there are tons of amps that will do it with ease, depending on how much you want to spend. American Bass, Diablo, Sundown, Incriminator, and there are others. You need to supply the amp with a good current supply, so with that power, i hope you have an extra battery or 2 or it will smoke.

why not look for a good 2 ohm amp? it will run cleaner and more efficient and last longer

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

master slave is fine but the amps are still strapped , you would not run one per coil at a one ohm load they wont put out the same power, i see what you mean but you stated it wrong

http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/...Version%201.pdf

page 17 as an example.

again...if moeny isn't an issue..do a 2 ohm amp that does 5k...like the one I listed.

Edit: sry forgot to say..I see what you are saying as well...but that was my example, just not meant with the 1 ohm stable..2 ohm d'oh. He was looking for something 2 ohm or half ohm. In order to get the 2 ohm, you'd have to do those two which are one ohm and will do 2 ohm master/slave.

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

SUNDOWN!

here here!

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

Well since most of the brands you guys have listed we carn't get over here in Auz without a hefty shipping fee. So i came across this amp.

http://www.ryda.com.au/Soundstream-TRX2000...-p/trx2000d.htm

Im not to sure if it will go down to .5ohm but it is 1500rms @ 2ohm, It's abit under with the power i want. But i am hoping to get 145db in a Holden Commodore sedan .

Aswell, When i get sick of the Cadence sub i will be getting 2 15" soundstream SPLX subs and i can still use it for 1 ohm @ 2000rms , So that is perfect considiring the SPLX subs can handle 1000wrms each.

So i am also thinking ahead for what i would like to run next

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each