Erics Impala Wall Build -- BTL 18's - Saz-3500d -- DC Power 270sp Installed

well the amp came today but i work till 5:30 so it will be dropped off tomorrow ( had to sign the note that the ups driver left )

should have a few new vids by saturday. i just hope they sound as good as the other 18's i had, will be running them at .5 off the 3500.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

well guess who showed back up :yahoo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

it was already after dark when i was done screwing them in and amp wired up, gain is at 1/2, bass boost at 1/2 not using the wired remote and its louder by ear than the other 18's but doesn't hit the lows quite as well. that also may be to them still breaking in, we'll see. but so far im happy with the new setup, probably going to cover the wall this weekend, don't know with what yet

i'll get a vid or 2 in a few days

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

well guess who showed back up :yahoo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

it was already after dark when i was done screwing them in and amp wired up, gain is at 1/2, bass boost at 1/2 not using the wired remote and its louder by ear than the other 18's but doesn't hit the lows quite as well. that also may be to them still breaking in, we'll see. but so far im happy with the new setup, probably going to cover the wall this weekend, don't know with what yet

i'll get a vid or 2 in a few days

Nice choice of equipment bro :) I built your 18's with 4 hard spiders and that was stiff as hell. I am pretty sure your BTL's have 5 spiders. After a nice break in they will probably get lower and louder. Are they much louder than the subs i built you though :( :( HAHA!

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Why bass boost?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Nice choice of equipment bro :) I built your 18's with 4 hard spiders and that was stiff as hell. I am pretty sure your BTL's have 5 spiders. After a nice break in they will probably get lower and louder. Are they much louder than the subs i built you though :( :( HAHA!

haha well yea they are but you gotta remember they are wired at .5 now instead of 1, probably getting a bit more power.

a few things that are different about these in this wall. the other 18's were louder with the windows up and sunroof open, these are louder with the sunroof closed and windows down

Nice build man. We have damn near the same car and setup lol. Wish my exterior was as clean as yours. And be prepared, you're going to destroy that car. Trust me. Lol

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

well the btls are breaking in and damn :D. im getting alot of flex on the wall, even some on the front baffle which is tripple 3/4. im thinking that when i take the port and subs out it will give me enough room to do some glassing on the inside...need to do something.

X3 on the bass boost off. I'd rather see you turn the gain up a bit more than run bass boost. Jake said that it's completely unnecessary.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived