Sundown Audio

Ohm Load

deeje

Yes. But impedance is strictly for AC current. Resistance (in DC) is arguably impedance with a 0 degree phase angle, or so wiki tells me :give_rose:

and impedance rise is a bitch

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

here is what you do connect a wire from 1 + to a - on the subs then take the remaining +s and connect them to the amp and the remaining -s and connect them to the amp you can use all 4 outputs because they are parallel on the inside of the amps and are you using both coils on the sub.because it sounds like you are using only 1 set of coils in parallel for a .5 ohm load and that would kill that amp.always use both coils on a dvc sub

Edited by oldschool

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

there ya go man

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

See i had it set like that but there in 2 separate sealed boxes so i tried to cheat and rather then connect the 2 subs positives and negatives together i ran both subs to separate outputs. There 12" Fi SSd's 1 ohm and my receiver has 3 volts for the pre amp

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

if you used all 4 voice coils in parallel on that amp that poor amp was seeing a nominal load of .25 and that why it was going byby you need to wire each speaker in series then run each speaker to the amp.

Edited by oldschool

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

See i had it set like that but there in 2 separate sealed boxes so i tried to cheat and rather then connect the 2 subs positives and negatives together i ran both subs to separate outputs. There 12" Fi SSd's 1 ohm and my receiver has 3 volts for the pre amp

Wire it like its shown above for each individual speaker (one coil + to the second coil -) but since you have 2 separate boxes what you're talking about is fine.. Using both outputs one for each speaker at 2 ohms and your amp will see a 1ohm load.