Sealed Box Tricks

lol i'm not about to go that far... i have to drive an hour there and an hour back from the competition. fuck having no A/C

considering the spectum/fiberglass idea was stupid and im sorta agreeing with nightshade in terms of box sturdiness i don't think I'm even gonna mess with fiberglass on the inside

I have a week and a half left so reconing is pretty much out of the picture but filling the box to make it smaller seems like its gonna be my best bet at this point... so what material should i use. its gonna need to be heavy considering the filler will be a one weekend temporary thing so i wont be attaching it in any way. what would do best?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I've seen bricks

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I've seen bricks

LOL thats Heavy and will fill up the space

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Yup concrete pavers work well. Especially in a sealed box where airflow isn't important. Just try and stack them evenly around the box, you don't want to get a buildup of pressure behind one side of the cone in case it makes the coil rock.

Alternatively just use 4x2 with a couple of long long long squarehead screws put through them. Predrill them and it's 30 seconds to add/remove it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Its illegal and we found out the hard way.

Some leaks are good and cars from the factory have plenty of them.

True story:

We were in the lanes Super Street 1-2 no wall and averaged 162s to 164s.

At one comp on the first run we did good numbers but the bossman noticed acouple of leaks and 2 of them were the driver side and passenger side door locks. He asked us to stick our thumbs over them and on our 2nd run we lost acouple tenths by covering those leaks at the door locks.

As usaull everything changes when you start going for 150db and up.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

^^^ huh whats illegal?

looks like I'm going to be sealed up before the comp... or at least gonna try. Hopefully ill get done with some time to spare for testing and tuning. Best case scenario id like to put the subs back in without the box filling but sealed and see how loud it gets then. If i can get 150 and keep my peak frequency in the low 30s that would be awesome. If i don't have said time to test and tune I'm probably just going to put the filler in anyway and see how she does. Considering i have enough air flow out of the trunk to do a hair trick sealing it up and reducing all that cancellation should give me quite a bit of gain

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I wouldnt' seal that box off with it pushed up that far. Actually I'd test it pushed all the way back in the trunk and move it foward slowly. If it's loudest at the back leave it, if it get's louder the further you move it foward then stop where it's the loudest and then seal it off. You may actually lose spl the way that your planning on doing it now. You may lose spl all together no matter where you are putting the box at.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

why do you think it wouldn't be as loud sealed off? i don't have much more back to go. i think i had him build the box with a foot and a half from the back (so i can get to the batteries

why do you think it wouldn't be as loud sealed off? i don't have much more back to go. i think i had him build the box with a foot and a half from the back (so i can get to the batteries

It might hurt. I've just seen things that should help spl hurt spl in the long run. The only way you'll be able to tell is to do it and I would no matter what. I was just saying that it could actually possibly hurt your spl instead of helping it. I added threaded rod to my box this past week and that should have helped my spl when it actually didn't do a damn thing. Spl is tricky and some things that you would think should work don't for some reason. Good luck with it, I'm sure that you'll reach your goal in it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived