Two Alts One Car

Yes pics would help greatly, just from my experience most cars are packed as tight as can be in the engine compartment, so you cant exactly fit alot of stuff under there.

Also to the OP what are you planning on running, that would also help everyone to determine if you need multiple alts.

right now i have two 15 inch L5s, hifonics 1606d, and a hifonics 4406d for my highs and mids....

i want to upgrade to three 15 inch L5s, a hifonics 2610, and still keep the 4406d. i have a yellow top under the hood and the big three will be done in 0 guage.

i was using a 260amp alt from iraggi in my old car but now i need to transfer everthing to the new car, but i wanna go bigger

right now i have two 15 inch L5s, hifonics 1606d, and a hifonics 4406d for my highs and mids....

i want to upgrade to three 15 inch L5s, a hifonics 2610, and still keep the 4406d. i have a yellow top under the hood and the big three will be done in 0 guage.

i was using a 260amp alt from iraggi in my old car but now i need to transfer everthing to the new car, but i wanna go bigger

Are you gonna do a wall? As for the amp you are gonna be using it is fused at 250 amps, so I think you will be fine with the 260amp alt you already have(if it is compatable) as long as you do the Big 3 and put at least 2 good batterys in the trunk.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Are you gonna do a wall? As for the amp you are gonna be using it is fused at 250 amps, so I think you will be fine with the 260amp alt you already have(if it is compatable) as long as you do the Big 3 and put at least 2 good batterys in the trunk.

i wanna do a wall but i have two problems with that...

1) i dont really wanna give up my back seat.

2) i dont know how to build one.

i have to get another alt built for the lincoln... my old setup was in a cadillac.

the hifonics 2610 is rated at 250A

the hifonics 4406 is rated at 50A

just doing a 300 amp alt is only enough for the amps, doesnt leave me any juice to run the car itself.... i guess ill be stuck with adding more batts

i have to get another alt built for the lincoln... my old setup was in a cadillac.

the hifonics 2610 is rated at 250A

the hifonics 4406 is rated at 50A

just doing a 300 amp alt is only enough for the amps, doesnt leave me any juice to run the car itself.... i guess ill be stuck with adding more batts

But your not gonna be pulling that full 300amps all the time, besides adding a few batterys helps keep your voltage up, you should be have plenty to run the car and amps with a 300 amp alt(make sure to get an overdrive pulley), In my current car I am running a ZX.1500(rated at 1750rms) on a stock 115 amp alt, with the big 3 done, and an optima under the hood and my lights dont dim that much at all with the system at full tilt, so in your situation you should be fine.

EDIT LOL

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Guest KyleCannon

post pics of under the hood and that will help. If there is one person that can do it.... and there is enough room... it's robbie at dc power, but he usually needs your car to play with it... haha.

i got 4800 rms for subs

800 rms for mids and highs.

and 1 250 amp mechman alt

2 extra batteries

1 stock battery

idle full tilt i drop to 12.8 12.9 ish

revving 13.7ish i think.

before with just 1 2400 rms amp wired to .5 ohm to subs and 800 rms to mids and highs i could sit at 13.9 idling.

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

yeah pic under the hood would be good im not a king of fabbing but may can mock sumthing up if there is room

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

post pics of under the hood and that will help. If there is one person that can do it.... and there is enough room... it's robbie at dc power, but he usually needs your car to play with it... haha.

with all the room under a 90 town car with a 5.0 motor, you could run 8 alts on each side for god sakes! Just fab up a nice 3/8th thick bracket, and mount away!

still would need to see what it look like under there to get a good placement and i just noticed that pen that in that amp in ya sig newls lol

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Archived