Ive recently upgraded my battery ground and engine ground cables with 2 guage wiring.

The civic has some small ass 12 gauge (i think) ground cables so its a pretty nice step up.

i did not do the alternator to battery because i simply lack the tools to do so.

could this be a problem for my car, just upgrading those 2 grounds without the alternator to batt?

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube

i dont think so but i would do the power as soon as u can just 2 be on the safe side

i have 2 ask y didn't u do the power and one of the grounds? not trying 2 be a dick or anything

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

its not that i dont have the wiring its just because i can harly reach my alternator, dont have bridge i can put the car on and dont have too much technical knowledge!

'99 Civic hatch

Videos:

Youtube

im aware it is important, i will eventually get that alternator wire to the same 2gauge size..

but my real question is if this can harm my car in any way?

'99 Civic hatch

Videos:

Youtube

Ok, i'm in the same Boat, I went to audio shop today, they tested my voltage said i was reading 12 volts. asked me what kind of alt I have and told me I got ripped off and it's not pushin 275 amps. This, right now is true it is not anywhere near that amount of amps because why you ask? I don't have the alt charging to the Kinetic 2400 I have Kinetic running to stock, and my amp. My voltage was reading high 12's. I called up DC power and explained to them how the shop was tellin me i got ripped off, and it's not gonna blah blah blah, and he explained that I shot myself in the foot. So, to unshoot urself in the foot you need Ring Terminals, Run Power to the alt than to the cell battery, than Ground from the battery to the chasis or engine block, By doing this ur alt can put out the correct amp and you'll be blowing peoples heads off. As far as damage goes, I've had no problem with my car. by not having your alternator connected to anything your alt is trying to push out the power, but is unable to do so which is why they were only reading 12 volts. So, unshoot urself in the foot, get the neccessary tools, and get ER DONE.

I am so excited cuz I will be able to do hair tricks and shirt tricks with EASE from the trunk!

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Ive recently upgraded my battery ground and engine ground cables with 2 guage wiring.

The civic has some small ass 12 gauge (i think) ground cables so its a pretty nice step up.

i did not do the alternator to battery because i simply lack the tools to do so.

could this be a problem for my car, just upgrading those 2 grounds without the alternator to batt?

I don't think it would be a problem because i don't know if you have H/0 alternator. You would need a much bigger wire to run that. If you currently running stock. I think you would be fine. UHmm, i did the big 3 on hond a civic before so not sure what model you have. You will have to remove the steering pump away to get access to the alternator. I would definitely take out the alternator and add the wiring. You will need tons of tools and some WD-40 if srews are rusty and hard to get out. I did got some some racket and different sizes sockets. Those always come handy when dealing with cars.

Edited by Gotloud555