Second Skin Audio

Fi Btl 18

Sooooo I am preparing to place my order for 2 fully loaded BTL 18's and I was measuring out my available space. This led me to an interesting problem, I realized that I have 5 MAYBE 6 cubes to work with after displacement (internal volume). I know that polyfill will work to some degree but I mean really is this even possible without sounding like shit!?!? It will be a "wall" completely sealed from the trunk and I have not purchased an amp yet so I am open but I really want to use the 2 18's.

Anyone got any bright ideas!?!?! I need :hairtrick: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting From Scratch!!

what 5-6cubes per or for both....b/c that WAY to small for two.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

what 5-6cubes per or for both....b/c that WAY to small for two.
yeah way to small for 2, but perfect for 1 if your feeding them good juice (power)

Nope, for both. What does anyone think is the minimum for 2? I do mean absolute minimum. If I redo the trunk mount and go with a fiberglass box to fit the contours of the trunk I could possibly get up to 7.5 total for both after displacement which is only off by 25% of the recommended volume. Maybe fill the shit out of it with polyfill. Anyone else?!?!?!?!

Starting From Scratch!!

minimum for about two would be 10cuft and thats on the small side too

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Well I guess then I am going to have to do a shit load of fab work then that I was trying to avoid. It's gonna cost about 5 grand but I want the damn 18's in there and if I completely redesign the trunk hinges and do a custom fiberglass and wood enclosure I can squeeze out over 10 cubes and then fill it with polyfill and get the level of bass I'm looking for. Anyone know if with the right amount of power (full rated RMS is what I'm planning) I can get a hairtrick with just 2 18's?

Starting From Scratch!!

Well I guess then I am going to have to do a shit load of fab work then that I was trying to avoid. It's gonna cost about 5 grand but I want the damn 18's in there and if I completely redesign the trunk hinges and do a custom fiberglass and wood enclosure I can squeeze out over 10 cubes and then fill it with polyfill and get the level of bass I'm looking for. Anyone know if with the right amount of power (full rated RMS is what I'm planning) I can get a hairtrick with just 2 18's?

If you somehow make enough space for those subs, and tune it low in a good enclosure with good power and voltage, you better do a hairtrick lol. :hairtrick:

If I were you, I would stick to one 18, build it an ideal box for the amount of power your giving it, keep voltage up, and you will be plenty loud.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Personally with 2 BTL's I would never run polyfill with as much as you need to push those 18's might make a little heat

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif