Sonic Electronix

Bass Causes Even More Damage To Teh Hoe

no pix, sorry but just an update on the many things bass has broken or destroyed in my ride....

the Escalade cluster ive had since 04 has bit the dust (or tried to). For 2 weeks the SLIGHTEST amount of bass would have my needles going limp-dick and back on again.......then some off, while half on........then all off then all back on etc. Not to mention, even with my stinger at 15.3, my volt-meter on the cluster was consistantly hanging out in the 11.5-12v range...........major shitty in a Tahoe to see that with the car running let alone a car with 4 alts.

anyway, i found out the plug in the back of it (main plug) with like 27-30 solder points was the problem.......broke every one of them.......thats right, almost 30 "cold" solder joints all cracked at the base where that big ass plug dives into the circuit board. I was actually relieved it wasnt my PCU, ECU or any other C-U in my ride cus i was worried the issue was deeper then that.

Cleaned up, resoldered and reinstalled...........now im BRANNNNNEWWWW again!! no more limp-dick, and my volt meter is way over 14 now!!

fu#king bass, i tell ya, what dont kill my truck i hope makes it stronger!! :D i got a huge list of what my subs have managed to shred over the last 5 years :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I have a self adjusting paddle mirrors.

A self venting back hatch, which ended up destroying my old box because it got water logged.

My rear-view mirror flew off the mount one day, little Lock-Tite fixed it up.

I think my dash is starting to crack... :(

Edited by Bigpimpin91

hahah good shit bro

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

good lord lol worst i have had before was just the mirror falling off and my back window swung loose once from the bolts in the top backing out...Lock tight did wonders on that though :rolleyes:

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

haha...I feel ya steve. My major bitch is that I cant seem to keep a dash bezel from ripping itself apart/flying off. I've had to re-mold my head unit in on 3 different bezels. They love to rip apart right at the top left airvent. I could never get the passenger side airbag cover to stay put, so I removed the airbag and permanently attached it to the dash....lost 2 windshields, some weatherstripping, multiple dash speaker grilles (till I switched to the billet ones), ripped the molded in hinges out of both extended cab windows....the list goes on and on. Shit's expensive, having a badass system. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

All in a days work of owning a ground pounder. Glad to hear its mixed steve.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg