Sonic Electronix

kranny...wtf @ your ava :blink:

:rofl: x2!!

i asked him the same thing long time ago

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

I have been thinking about what smokemtires said earlier in this topic about his hearing actually improved, we who are into audio system really listen carefully to the sound quality coming out of the speakers and pay attention the details, maybe we train the ears to actually hear better? Like wine tasters for example, they train the taste of their tounge to pick up every little taste in the wine so why could that not our ears do the same thing? Just a crazy theory I have been thinking of since I read his thread :)

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

I have been thinking about what smokemtires said earlier in this topic about his hearing actually improved, we who are into audio system really listen carefully to the sound quality coming out of the speakers and pay attention the details, maybe we train the ears to actually hear better? Like wine tasters for example, they train the taste of their tounge to pick up every little taste in the wine so why could that not our ears do the same thing? Just a crazy theory I have been thinking of since I read his thread :)

I see no reason why this couldnt be a possibility. I used to live next to a professional piano tuner, you wanna talk about a guy that could hear! He had to train himself or his ears to notice the tiny differences in piano string sounds..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Im sure he will notice hearing loss in about 10years, i bet if u ask him he already gets ringing in his ears every now & then. Just because he has good hearing test now it does not mean he hasnt lost some hearing.

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

Im sure he will notice hearing loss in about 10years, i bet if u ask him he already gets ringing in his ears every now & then. Just because he has good hearing test now it does not mean he hasnt lost some hearing.

That might be true, but is it any worse than anyone else? I know my mom can't hear shit and she's never been in a car that was over 120db.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

...I think it's ironic that when I opened this window there was an ad for a hearing loss website LOL

But seriously, I think my hearing has gotten BETTER since I got into audio...hunting to hear those specific notes will do that to ya I think (as already stated by others)

Too many projects, too little time...

Haha! I have lost some of hearing because i notice how i start hearing words that are not too clearly about what peoples are saying. Have to let them repeat or shout. I'm trying to cut down on the loud system because i heard it can affect your heart rate beat. haha! I feel vibration on the chest.

I bet your wrong.

Steve has been doing this since the 90's, he has always has had one of the loudest systems around, and I bet his hearing aint changed much at all.

There's a thread about this somewhere.. steve said he had his hearing checked and its all G.

I recently had my hearing checked and its actually BETTER than it was 4 years ago :D

beat knocked the wax out yer ears foo! LOL

well that and the salt water you bath in :D

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Archived