Second Skin Audio

What 18 = 4kw Daily?

kfx450r

I'm sure that your one of the few that can actually do that too.

Also you don't roll around beating the piss out of the subs at full volume for 30+ minutes like this guy is wanting to. Not to mention that there's no way your seeing 4K on those subs on music EVER. On a test tone definately for a split second, but if your running your amps at the 1 ohm suggested impedence you know as well as I that your not going to give a constant 4K to those subs after the impedence rise. They're probably seeing more like 2500 or so on a constant basis and maybe touching around 4K at points but not constantly. In order to do that I would think that you would need around a 6K amp on each sub to give them at least 4K at all times.

You are right cuz impedance rise is a big fat bitch

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

This is what I ALWAYS wanted to know about Steve. Everybody always refers to him and say BTLs can take 4k daily. Does Steve beat those BTLs driving around for songs end on end? His demo are only for about 30sec each and wonder if its that short because they wont take it for half a song or a whole song. Not in anyway a diss just very curious.

i have been thinking as well, when i saw his truck it wasnt full tilt to many times during the day, short demos here and there,and the couple times i walked pass it smelt like hot coils.i never sat in it, but from the people that have got personal demos they say its fast short demos. and with what Nightshade said it makes a lot of sense. im sure steve will explain his end though

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i have been thinking as well, when i saw his truck it wasnt full tilt to many times during the day, short demos here and there,and the couple times i walked pass it smelt like hot coils.i never sat in it, but from the people that have got personal demos they say its fast short demos. and with what Nightshade said it makes a lot of sense. im sure steve will explain his end though

By what you guys are saying..sounds like most if not all 18s will handle a 4k watt amp. Not necessarily 4k watts but you see wut i mean..for daily driving/music. Thats what im wanting this for...not some burps, test tones, comps etc..none of that.

All im saying is 4k of wattage(actual output watgage from amp not the specs of the amp) is alot of power. Im sure subs can take that for short periods of time as in a 30sec run or maybe half a song or maybe even a full song. Although it will be hard not to get them hot as a bisch running it full tilt for about 5+ songs end on end.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

it can take the power ...if your smart with it ..

LOL mine got hot and started smelling on a 3000d at 1 ohm after one song so i doubt it

Double 1inch or 3/4?

HAHAHA 3/4 is what my 2 year old nephew plays with. why not double up 1.5?

I'd say it would problaby be fine??. Ask loganberry i think he's got some level 5 in a ext. cab. Look how many hits this thread got haha. Controversy FTW :D

loganberry did double up 3/4 and use all treaded rod to keep the baffle from flexing soo just double 3/4 wont cut it for two 18s or 15s

Roseville, CA

like ive said just above ive had a nightshade and it got hot on a 3000d the lvl5s i know a couple people with them and they get hooot on 4000 watts after one or two songs at full tilt. i dont have any expereince with the btl so i dont know about it. the only woofer i can see taking the power that i have had experience with is the t3 tsns them things are no joke!! but if you looking into getting 2 15s on 4000 look at the T3 TSS line very soild daily sub 3" coil rated a 2500 or more i dont know if its offical yet but they will get pretty darn loud

Roseville, CA

By what you guys are saying..sounds like most if not all 18s will handle a 4k watt amp. Not necessarily 4k watts but you see wut i mean..for daily driving/music. Thats what im wanting this for...not some burps, test tones, comps etc..none of that.

no! that was just what i noticed when looking at steves tahoe, i have never ran 4k to a sub, i have been wondering the same thing the other guy was.dont take my word on the sub thing. im only running 3k rms to 2 lvl4 with 5 coil 18s and its very loud for me and the people that live around me. and i bang my music everywhere i go no problem. no smells no problems....well minus my durango falling apart from the bass :D

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

No one here, including me knows my exact box rise so you can keep guessing how much power you think i have. All i know is i have a 4900+ watt amp (at 1ohm) wired to each sub @ .7 ohms. I might have more B/R then you think, i might have less. I just know what i have and that is a BIG ASS 4000 watt amp on each one that does 25% more then its rated power.

I can bump my shit a LOT longer then you guys think. 99vic is full of shit when he says he walked by my truck a few times and smelled coil, cuz it wasnt coming from my truck. On a hot day and MULTIPLE, like 5 or more demo's in a row, i can get my cabin warm and smelling SLIGHTLY like electronics......maybe get the subs a little warm after a few demo's in a row, but not warm enough to smell as you walk by - or at least i havent yet.

Also there is a reason i do short demo's. When i go to a show its almost NON STOP all day, people literally getting in line or gathering around for their turn. The demo's HAVE to be short or not everyone gets to get in. Not only that but if i am hurting someone, i stop usually pretty quick. Anyone wanna get on the freeway with me, with my alts turning nice and staying cool, and see how long i can play my shit on full or at least "rip your wig off your neck" volume? Dont let my demo video's fool you, I can go probably 10x longer then any of you guys give me credit for. 1 little notch below full tilt and STILL banging very hard, i can go until im tired of it.....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

My comment was not meant to disrespect you I was just asking a question. I was never lucky enough to get a demo so I was not sure if you do short demos because of camera time or subs not being able to take that much power or what it was thats why I was curious.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

Archived