Second Skin Audio

Is This 32 Hertz?

I just ran out and looked at the back and thought and measured and figured this is better. The port runs down 11in. port and sub face up.

boxtuning2.jpg

A MAN WHAT PROGRAM DID YOU USE TO GET THAT MEASUREMENT>>> LOOKIN TO TRYIN OUT A NEW ONE

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

?? no, even with the use of a slot port, i get a length of about 35" for the tuning to be at around 32 hz.

yeah sorry about that reran the numbers and came up with 34in length 32.04 hz the 18in length will give you 38.29 hz but i did not take into account any bracing just the sub im using bass box pro 6 for the record

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

yeah sorry about that reran the numbers and came up with 34in length 32.04 hz the 18in length will give you 38.29 hz but i did not take into account any bracing just the sub

I don't understand... I run these damn numbers 100 times and I get what I am looking for and you run them and get something way off from me...getting aggrivated

I don't understand... I run these damn numbers 100 times and I get what I am looking for and you run them and get something way off from me...getting aggrivated

Two different programs... two completely different calculation methods I'd assume.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

bass box pro hasn't let me down yet very reliable program what are you using or are you doing it by hand

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

I got one off the forums and 3 off of google searches

ahh so what programs are they

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

I even used your calculator and that's what I got. Then I used one from Alpine and theirs said like 19.5. So my results from the two were 18" and 19.5"

your height and width are in the wrong spots. you need to switch them. if you're using a slot port with 22.5" from the box wall to port wall, it's adding in 11.25" for end correction. when in fact it should be 4" for height, adding in 2" for end correction

A MAN WHAT PROGRAM DID YOU USE TO GET THAT MEASUREMENT>>> LOOKIN TO TRYIN OUT A NEW ONE

it's mine. it's in my sig

switch the height with the width and you should be good ;)

Two different programs... two completely different calculation methods I'd assume.

even so, the end result should be the same if the formula was executed correctly. seeing as how he had his numbers switched, i think they're both ok really :)