newls1 Posted June 16, 2009 Report Posted June 16, 2009 (edited) I had my job interview with a parts store yesterday, and even with 9 years in the field, and multi job ref's all 100% (never burned a bridge!) and ASE certified in a few areas, It looks like I didnt get the job, as I still havent heard back from the manager. I mean, jesus........Everytime you and I walk into a parts store, how pissed do you get when the guy behind the counter DOESN'T KNOW SHIT! I know I get pissed! It's not like this is a high class job, I'm just looking for part time, and he only offered me 9$ an hour. He did say he had 2 more part time interviews in the same day, AND I BET HE LOW BALLED AN IDIOT IN THE NEXT INTERVIEWS WITH LESS THEN $9 AN HOUR! Know what I mean? Fuck! I just wanted this job to fill up my schedual cause when I become an EMT, we work 24on/48off. Anywho....I set the gain on my MD3D to 50% and my line driver to 100% (Memphis line driver 8v) and went screaming down the interstate just fucking slappin! I did this for about 30 mins or so. My poor BL's took a damn pounding. The only thing that happened was the rear AC control panel in my 02 tahoe fell, and my dash board was vibrating so bad, that something now came loose behind it, and bouces around everytime the bass hits. I got out of the truck to feel the 18"s, and they weren't even hot, just BARELY WARM. I guess these drivers are better then I thought. I have my "flame" suit on , so take it easy on me....Credit goes to F.I on this experiance. Edited June 16, 2009 by newls1 Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
AI James Posted June 16, 2009 Report Posted June 16, 2009 why do peopel always mention the percentage of gain they are using in relation to loudness Quote
newls1 Posted June 16, 2009 Author Report Posted June 16, 2009 why do peopel always mention the percentage of gain they are using in relation to loudness well, in this case, it was making a hard clipped signal, as my red LED on the amp was flashing on and off with hard bass hits. So with that said, Even a clipped signal heating up those drivers, still didnt make much heat. I know, i'm trashing perfectly good drivers and amp. Eitherway I have a totally new design going in when I land an EMT job. I just went back into my truck, and started playing some E40, and I swear the drivers sound better and louder now. Really weird. Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
cracker Posted June 16, 2009 Report Posted June 16, 2009 I had my job interview with a parts store yesterday, and even with 9 years in the field, and multi job ref's all 100% (never burned a bridge!) and ASE certified in a few areas, It looks like I didnt get the job, as I still havent heard back from the manager. I mean, jesus........Everytime you and I walk into a parts store, how pissed do you get when the guy behind the counter DOESN'T KNOW SHIT! I know I get pissed! It's not like this is a high class job, I'm just looking for part time, and he only offered me 9$ an hour. He did say he had 2 more part time interviews in the same day, AND I BET HE LOW BALLED AN IDIOT IN THE NEXT INTERVIEWS WITH LESS THEN $9 AN HOUR! Know what I mean? Fuck! I just wanted this job to fill up my schedual cause when I become an EMT, we work 24on/48off. Anywho....I set the gain on my MD3D to 50% and my line driver to 100% (Memphis line driver 8v) and went screaming down the interstate just fucking slappin! I did this for about 30 mins or so. My poor BL's took a damn pounding. The only thing that happened was the rear AC control panel in my 02 tahoe fell, and my dash board was vibrating so bad, that something now came loose behind it, and bouces around everytime the bass hits. I got out of the truck to feel the 18"s, and they weren't even hot, just BARELY WARM. I guess these drivers are better then I thought. I have my "flame" suit on , so take it easy on me....Credit goes to F.I on this experiance. i hear ya with the job thing for sure lol i worked at a parts store and the guys i worked with didnt know much and cuz i was younger wouldnt take any advice from me and kept giving customers the wrong info. im a tech and they just wouldnt hear me at all so i took as much of the BS rthere and was out 2 weeks later. they prob still workin there givein all the wrong info and i get parts else where... but thats also cool that them Bls took that beating and still ready to go. tough subs huh? Quote March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
newls1 Posted June 16, 2009 Author Report Posted June 16, 2009 (edited) i hear ya with the job thing for sure lol i worked at a parts store and the guys i worked with didnt know much and cuz i was younger wouldnt take any advice from me and kept giving customers the wrong info. im a tech and they just wouldnt hear me at all so i took as much of the BS rthere and was out 2 weeks later. they prob still workin there givein all the wrong info and i get parts else where... but thats also cool that them Bls took that beating and still ready to go. tough subs huh? YA, I have nearly 10 years into the racing side of parts, and machining. I have/had a 00 camaro that did 9.81 in the 1/4 mile and DROVE IT HOME AT THE END OF THE NIGHT! All build 100% by myself. I know how to build a 12.6.1 compression motor, feed it 300+ direct port N20, and still ahve 55+ degrees of advance, AND NO KNOCKING! yes, very high octane is key, but so is humidity, ambient temp, and electric waterpump, and a ice cooled upper intake during cool downs. Eitherway, 99.98% of the assholes at autoparts stores dont know shit, and all these big corps care about is HOW LITTLE WE CAN PAY THEM, NOT THE KNOWLEDGE THEY CAN PROVIDE. See what I think happened is I was offered 9 an hour, but im sure the next fuck that walked into the managers office for an interview was offered 8.50$, so that moron got hired. This is a brand new store opening this friday, so I was all happy to work at a brand new store, with all brand new shit. PLUS+++++ They sell Fel-Pro gaskets! We all know fel-pro makes the best! ol-well. **EDIT** here is a pic of my 2000 camaro (before the direct port N20 install) This was the TNT N20 install using the power ring. This is a solid roller motor, 238/253 .680 .705 lift cam @ .50 2.08/1.94 valves (if I remember right) exhaust was X-Pipe custom welded up, and dumped before rear axle, the rear was a 9" ford..... Edited June 16, 2009 by newls1 Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
cracker Posted June 16, 2009 Report Posted June 16, 2009 YA, I have nearly 10 years into the racing side of parts, and machining. I have/had a 00 camaro that did 9.81 in the 1/4 mile and DROVE IT HOME AT THE END OF THE NIGHT! All build 100% by myself. I know how to build a 12.6.1 compression motor, feed it 300+ direct port N20, and still ahve 55+ degrees of advance, AND NO KNOCKING! yes, very high octane is key, but so is humidity, ambient temp, and electric waterpump, and a ice cooled upper intake during cool downs. Eitherway, 99.98% of the assholes at autoparts stores dont know shit, and all these big corps care about is HOW LITTLE WE CAN PAY THEM, NOT THE KNOWLEDGE THEY CAN PROVIDE. See what I think happened is I was offered 9 an hour, but im sure the next fuck that walked into the managers office for an interview was offered 8.50$, so that moron got hired. This is a brand new store opening this friday, so I was all happy to work at a brand new store, with all brand new shit. PLUS+++++ They sell Fel-Pro gaskets! We all know fel-pro makes the best! ol-well. yeah huh i like to go into a store(and know others too) and can chat a min with the person about anything else i mght need or what not. and i was goin to be workin in a brand new store as well but was doin training in one of there older stores. same thing at valvoline, went in with my portfolio and all refs i had just to get shut down, i think i was more qualified for the job than the damn manager lol, my buddy anded up gettin offered the job and never wnet in and i started in a shop across the street within a few weeks after lol Quote March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
cracker Posted June 16, 2009 Report Posted June 16, 2009 NICE, whats stock still lol. Quote March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
newls1 Posted June 16, 2009 Author Report Posted June 16, 2009 NICE, whats stock still lol. That car bone ass stock ran 13.2 ~78 degree weather. Without N20, the car will net about a 10.7-10.9 This is a 10.5" tire class. If I could legally install a much wider slick, I'm sure I could get a .2-.3 reduction. The stall converter was a VIG 4800, behind a FLP LVL4 trans, an a trans cooler that a honda uses for a rad almost! Ol-well, those days are over with for now. Atleast I have pictures of my builds. Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
cracker Posted June 16, 2009 Report Posted June 16, 2009 That car bone ass stock ran 13.2 ~78 degree weather. Without N20, the car will net about a 10.7-10.9 This is a 10.5" tire class. If I could legally install a much wider slick, I'm sure I could get a .2-.3 reduction. The stall converter was a VIG 4800, behind a FLP LVL4 trans, an a trans cooler that a honda uses for a rad almost! Ol-well, those days are over with for now. Atleast I have pictures of my builds. yeah pics are cool shit to have...learnin that now lol just got a cam so ill be able to have some. been doin some growin up the past year or so i guess lol. but sorry to thread jack or what not ha Quote March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
newls1 Posted June 16, 2009 Author Report Posted June 16, 2009 Ok, confirmed. I'm not needed for that job! What the hell.......am i the most unemployable fu*king moron in the world? Quote I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.