Let Me Introduce Myself, And If I Can Help Anyone Here, Just Let Me Know

Yep I just read your edit. I will probably leave it alone....I might have a mobo coming that I can use for a while (supposed to have agp slots, somewhat of an upgrade!)

AGP would be 100% increase from PCI (not PCIe) let me know if you need me to suggest any hardware mane!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I got one for you.

With hard drive enclosures, Do you suggest actively cooled, or just an aluminum case? I'm seeing two different answers. Personally, knowing what I know about hard drives (basically heat is the number one enemy), one that just radiates heat is good enough, and will serve it's purpose well, but one that's actively cooled would be overkill unless you're constantly reading/writing.

The main thing that keeps popping up in my head though is when a hard drive is in a computer case, there are fans all throughout the case. And while I understand you have more heat producing items in a computer than just the hard drive, *shrug*

Basicallly, I just want an outside opinion.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I got one for you.

With hard drive enclosures, Do you suggest actively cooled, or just an aluminum case? I'm seeing two different answers. Personally, knowing what I know about hard drives (basically heat is the number one enemy), one that just radiates heat is good enough, and will serve it's purpose well, but one that's actively cooled would be overkill unless you're constantly reading/writing.

The main thing that keeps popping up in my head though is when a hard drive is in a computer case, there are fans all throughout the case. And while I understand you have more heat producing items in a computer than just the hard drive, *shrug*

Basicallly, I just want an outside opinion.

Correct! HDD dont like excessive heat. there are 2 main reasons for HDD failures. (1) heat, (2) vibration. If you have external HDD that have at least 1 1/2 inch gap between them, that should be fine. Actively cooling HDD's is great and all, but in some cases not needed. See, when a HDD is in a case, yes, there are fans inside that case blowing air all around. **BUT** even though there are fans inside, those HDD's are also "heat soaking" meaning that those HDD through convection will soak (absorb) any surrounding heat near its enviroment. See what im saying? With you having HDD's outside the case, there only heat is what "THEY" create, which should be minimal. G/L and hope this was helpful

you know, that is a very good question. Searching on newegg "customer reviews" pretty much everyone agrees with your comment, "no 64bit support" I can't understand why. 64 bit is the only way of the future for an OS environment, yet being 5 years since a 64bit OS has been considered a "HOME" OS we are still seeing these computability issues. Sorry, bud, I don't know much more then this.

I bought a card a while back to try on Vista and obviously it didn't work so I sent it back. I figured well Vista has been out for a while so I don't think it'll be too long b/f they come out with a driver. Boy, was I wrong. It's been so long that I'm considering switching to XP. What would I need to go back? I have an XP disc but it's for a Dell. Will that work for a HP?

Congratulations on your moderatorship!

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Ive got an emachines with the windows vista and norton 360, my computer has something that keeps saying "trojandefender" and i cant access my internet explorer. i have to go through ares and type in where i want to browse. i cant do a virus scan cause it says "windows has stopped working" what can i do?

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Hello to everyone on SMD! My name is Seth,

Like I said earlier, I'm not here to step on anyones toes, and If I don't know the answer to a said question, i'll be honest and say I don't know, but I WILL DIRECT YOU TO A PLACE THAT MIGHT HELP YOU. I'm sure there are other people here that are good with PC tweeking, so perhaps if we "work together" we can solve many peoples' issues. Good day to everyone, and let me know if I can be of anyones assistance.

Seth

hello seth quick question i need more sound output from my pc, like the onboard is too queit will adding a soundcard help this???

I bought a card a while back to try on Vista and obviously it didn't work so I sent it back. I figured well Vista has been out for a while so I don't think it'll be too long b/f they come out with a driver. Boy, was I wrong. It's been so long that I'm considering switching to XP. What would I need to go back? I have an XP disc but it's for a Dell. Will that work for a HP?

Congratulations on your moderatorship!

MOre then likely NO! but try it. Make sure your boot settings in the BIOS are setup to boot from CD first, then HDD. You will know right off the bat if it wont work. XP32, XP64, and Win7 are the best choices now. I love my Win7, and only seeing it getting better with further updates. Perhaps try 32bit Win7 and see if it will work. YOu know what I just thought of this: Do you still have the camera software installed on the current PC? If so, "RIGHT" click on the program trash, and run the program is compatability mode for xp/ or 32bit if you can, and see if that works. Thanks for the congradualtions!

Ive got an emachines with the windows vista and norton 360, my computer has something that keeps saying "trojandefender" and i cant access my internet explorer. i have to go through ares and type in where i want to browse. i cant do a virus scan cause it says "windows has stopped working" what can i do?

Try this: Boot into safe mode (F8 before the windows boot screen) once inside windows, click "Start" "run" and type in msconfig. Go to the start up tab, and DISABLE EVERYTHING in there. Then boot normally and see if it has helped you. If not, go back under safe mode, and delete anything from add/remove hardware that you dont ever use, and have no idea what it is. Then reboot back into win normally, and download a program called AVG free anti virus software. Excellent free utility that comes highly recommended by many. Let it scan (Full scan) might take a hour or so, then once its completed, make sure you delete/Quarentine the virus found, then reboot aqgain. If you have MS defender installed run that after everything is finished, and see if that finds anything. IF ALL THIS FAILS, then in my first post where I said my strong points is NOT SOFTWARE, Format your PC, and start from fresh. This will 100% solve your issues.

hello seth quick question i need more sound output from my pc, like the onboard is too queit will adding a soundcard help this???

Onboard sound sucks ass, no doubt about it. Get a nice sound card like this will fu*king rock out! ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16829102024 ) This card is a PCIe version, so make sure your mobo has a PCIe 1x/4x/8x/16x slot free to use this card. If your motherboard doesnt have any PCIe slots, then get a compairable card in PCI form. But to answer your question.YES, a real sound card will boost audio sound, and PERFORMANCE 10 fold!