Let Me Introduce Myself, And If I Can Help Anyone Here, Just Let Me Know

Hey Seth let me know what you think about my rig its right here. Thanks man and what are some improvements you would suggest my buddy that helped me build this is no where to be found these days.

good PC, but depending on how much your willing to "upgrade" with This is the first thing I would replace: (1) That 9800gx2 was Nvidia's largest flop of a GPU next to the 5 series GPU's. Dont be pissed at me, just telling you striaght up. Replace that GPU with a GTX275/GTX280/285 GPU and you will be much better off. The 9800GX2 is only good at one thing..........micro-stuttering! even nvidia will agree! Next is that CPU, even though that CPU is a great CPU, and a great OC'er, you might want to look into a Q9550. 1 of the best OCing cpu's of all time, 12mb cache, 45nm core, and loves to be watercooled. This CPU is now 225$ on newegg. Was I helpful?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

good PC, but depending on how much your willing to "upgrade" with This is the first thing I would replace: (1) That 9800gx2 was Nvidia's largest flop of a GPU next to the 5 series GPU's. Dont be pissed at me, just telling you striaght up. Replace that GPU with a GTX275/GTX280/285 GPU and you will be much better off. The 9800GX2 is only good at one thing..........micro-stuttering! even nvidia will agree! Next is that CPU, even though that CPU is a great CPU, and a great OC'er, you might want to look into a Q9550. 1 of the best OCing cpu's of all time, 12mb cache, 45nm core, and loves to be watercooled. This CPU is now 225$ on newegg. Was I helpful?

Hahaha Thanks man I think at the time most of the stuff was top of the line or so I was told ill really consider some of your recommendations Thanks Aaron

be more specific. What is the CPU? 2.7Mhz is easy to go further with, you mean 2.7GHz :spiteful: . Post up your specs, and BIOS pics and we can get that sucker jammin.

Its old! :(

Heres some specs..

Mobo- Asus A8N-E flashed to 1013 bios. Socket 939...

CPU- Amd athlon 64 x2 4400+ Toledo 2.2ghz clocked at 2.6ghz (seems no matter what I do, how loose my timings are, etc I cant get anything over 2.65 stable).

Zalman 120mm fan with a copper heatsink.

Vcard- EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Superclocked

Ram- Corsair xms C2PRO with activity led's (two 1gig sticks) ddr400 clocked at 213mhz per stick.

my old cpu was a AMD Athlon64 3700+ Sandy. 2.21ghz stock, and I easily got it up to 3ghz+ on air! Tho this cpu still seemed to bottle neck my video card and got the 4400+ really cheap, and outperforms the old cpu at a lower speed, so i cant complain. But some power would be nice :) I think I gained around 1500 3dmark06 scores.

Its old! :(

Heres some specs..

Mobo- Asus A8N-E flashed to 1013 bios. Socket 939...

CPU- Amd athlon 64 x2 4400+ Toledo 2.2ghz clocked at 2.6ghz (seems no matter what I do, how loose my timings are, etc I cant get anything over 2.65 stable).

Zalman 120mm fan with a copper heatsink.

Vcard- EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Superclocked

Ram- Corsair xms C2PRO with activity led's (two 1gig sticks) ddr400 clocked at 213mhz per stick.

my old cpu was a AMD Athlon64 3700+ Sandy. 2.21ghz stock, and I easily got it up to 3ghz+ on air! Tho this cpu still seemed to bottle neck my video card and got the 4400+ really cheap, and outperforms the old cpu at a lower speed, so i cant complain. But some power would be nice :) I think I gained around 1500 3dmark06 scores.

To OC on old school AMD platform you need some damn good ram. You can only increase the HTT speed (Like intels FSB) on the CPU/mobo correct? You can't abjust the Multi on that CPU. Damn, you making me go back about 3 years in my brain! If you are serious about OCing that Platform, BUY SOME TCCD DDR ram. TCCD will allow you to achieve 275+/- HTT speeds so if you have a x11 multi (which it should) x that by 275HTT speeds, this will net you 3.025GHz, I doubt highly that it will be stable, but as long as cooling will be fine, try it. Personally, those toledo x2 cores were dogs to OC. If think the highest HTT you'll be able to stabilize with that 4400 is no more then 230-235. Is this making sense? Also, keep in mind, your old 3700+ might have been able to achieve 3GHz on air (that must have been a well picked chip) that is a SINGLE CORE, your trying to OC a DUAL CORE, twice the amount of transistors, and much harder on the motherboards of that time and era.

To OC on old school AMD platform you need some damn good ram. You can only increase the HTT speed (Like intels FSB) on the CPU/mobo correct? You can't abjust the Multi on that CPU. Damn, you making me go back about 3 years in my brain! If you are serious about OCing that Platform, BUY SOME TCCD DDR ram. TCCD will allow you to achieve 275+/- HTT speeds so if you have a x11 multi (which it should) x that by 275HTT speeds, this will net you 3.025GHz, I doubt highly that it will be stable, but as long as cooling will be fine, try it. Personally, those toledo x2 cores were dogs to OC. If think the highest HTT you'll be able to stabilize with that 4400 is no more then 230-235. Is this making sense? Also, keep in mind, your old 3700+ might have been able to achieve 3GHz on air (that must have been a well picked chip) that is a SINGLE CORE, your trying to OC a DUAL CORE, twice the amount of transistors, and much harder on the motherboards of that time and era.

I think my main problem I am running into at least with my old chip, is I only have 1.6volts to give the cpu.

I have full control over my htt, fsb and multiplier.

Tho not only was my old chip a single core, it was also a san diego chip, which was a good chip for clocking like the old clawhammers iirc.

Im thinking I really need to volt mod my bored to get more power to the processor.

Id like to get this chip to 2.8 or 2.9 without having to buy anything. It dont pay to by old school ram for a old pc that is due for an upgrade :)

Of course throwing money into "OLD" technology is a waste, I completely agree with you. But having fun on old hardware is a different instance. Unless your on water, Dont push 1.6v threw that chip. You sound smart, im sure you know that though. 1.6 will make some DAMN GOOD HEAT.

I've got a question about web-cams.

I am wanting to make some time-lapse, long range driving videos but my digital camera doesn't have an interval setting so I thought instead of buying a new camera I could just use my laptop and buy an external web-cam to mount to the dash. Then all I would need is a cigarette lighter adapter and some software. My question is would a web-cam be high enough quality to make a decent video? And if so, can you recommend a good one?

Thanks