Second Skin Audio

What Kind Of Amp Should I Get?

Haydog17

Hey everybody, this is my first post on these forums so first off I would like to say hi and glad to be part of the community. Now I have a question. I'm getting a toyota 09 corolla s series with JBL stereo in it. 8 speakers and 440 watts maximum output. Now I plan on getting two 12" champion Pioneers subs, (400 rms, 1200 watts peak). I was just wondering, what brand and how big of an amp should I get when I buy these subs. If anyone could please I answer I would appreciate it.

Hey everybody, this is my first post on these forums so first off I would like to say hi and glad to be part of the community. Now I have a question. I'm getting a toyota 09 corolla s series with JBL stereo in it. 8 speakers and 440 watts maximum output. Now I plan on getting two 12" champion Pioneers subs, (400 rms, 1200 watts peak). I was just wondering, what brand and how big of an amp should I get when I buy these subs. If anyone could please I answer I would appreciate it.

Hifonics is cheap and gets the job done, and kicker is a little more but they make great amps

I personally do NOT own a DAT amp, however if the OP reads up on DAT he should be hooked. DAT is certainly up there with the high class models, and that 1000.1 would be perfect for him in the future, so if he wanted to run a pair of "better" drivers he wouldn't need to worry about buying another amp! If it makes the OP feel any better, 2 DAT 2500.1's will be powering my 4 18"BL build coming up shortly.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

any 1000 watt amp should be fine.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

depending on how much the diablo is i say go for that in this case 1000.1 for the win but if hifonics is a little cheaper the the bxi1210d

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

while the hifonics is cheaper, you get what you pay for, and I know for a fact they dont make rated power, I have tested the 1200 quite extensively.

The Hellfire will make its power and then some I guarantee it, not only that, but I would also guarantee they cant give the CS we can, one of us is always around either here on the smd forums, our own forums, email or you could even call us on the phone.

pm me or call me (916) 640-3838 if you have any concerns on our products.

David

Archived