Sundown Audio

Opinions On Hifonics Brutus Amps

Florida heat

i respectfully disagree when you can get more for the money

I do not feel the same way. Brutus amps are extremely efficient and produce their rated numbers all day long.

I do not think there is another amp that for the money, is as good as a Brutus amp. They run cool, produce clean power, and customer service is amazing! probably the best I have ever had to deal with.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

look at this amp

AQ2200D $389 each

shipped

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm

much better amp then what your looking at and its not breaking the bank.

yeahh thats MUCH more like it. not bad at all. have you had any experience with that amp?

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

im going to guess that your experience is pretty limited then. ive never had to deal with customer service with alot of my amps because ive never really burnt them up, and my local dealer stands by what he sells so i dont have to go to the company to get my stuff worked on it it were to go out.

brutus line is entry level, its not horrible by any means but your claim of them being extremely efficient is a little far fetched

heres a link of the usamps if you wanted to see them

either way the aq is a decent amp also

yeah i checked it out. it looks good and everything but to be honest not to disrespect you but if im going to buy an amp and spend that much money i wanna make sure its straight from the factory. i just wouldnt want to risk anything

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

im going to guess that your experience is pretty limited then. ive never had to deal with customer service with alot of my amps because ive never really burnt them up, and my local dealer stands by what he sells so i dont have to go to the company to get my stuff worked on it it were to go out.

brutus line is entry level, its not horrible by any means but your claim of them being extremely efficient is a little far fetched

I have used many, many amps. I could list them, but it would be a pretty big list and not mean much in regards to my opinion on the Brutus amps.

I have never used AQ amps. The OP did not ask for an opinion on them, so i responded to his question about Brutus amps and how I feel about them.

I have had quite a bit of experience with customer service for other reasons than burning up amps. There have been shipping issues, billing issues, a few bad amps and a few burned up amps. Overall, I feel that Maxxsonics had the best overall experience when dealing with customer service and resolving issues.

Looking at specs doesn't give you a true breakdown of an amp(if they did, the Brutus would seem to outperform that AQ amp) so I will not say that one is better than the other without having tried the AQ personally. Again, I gave my opinion on my experience with Brutus amps. That is what the OP was looking for.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

The brutus amps can pull there weight no dout, I had the bxi2006d pushing my 6-15in cvr's like a champ, yea people say this and that about them, but they are the best bang for the buck, well they might be entry level or what not but they do the job , I would recomend them.

Or see if your locale shop carry them and ask them for a demo on the brutus and on other brands and see which one is best for your needs,just my 2penny's.

that being said you cant really justify saying that its the best for the dollar if you havent heard the aq

and to the op no offense takin whatsoever, the amps from a authorized dealer and still has full warranty on it, but i understand

Archived