zeus245 Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 9, just messin around with a hi-fi.. first system was a Kenwood HU with 6x9 speakers.. HU: Kenwood DDX5034 front stage: Focal 165 v Slim component back stage: Infiniti 652i component amp: kenwood 4channel sub amp: sony mono 800watts peak wired to 2 ohms subwoofer: 3 12" Kenwood subs (from my old car)
95_1500 Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 About 4 years... Started with one ten off 300 watts. then two tens, then four, then four tens and a twelve for about a week. then two twelves off about 1000 watts. now 2 15's off 3k... Havent even broke the ice yet either... Original Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=24095
siucsaluki11 Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 Was into car audio my freshman year of HS, if even that old. But didnt have a car. Got my first car, 1992 grand am. Parents bought it for me cuz i was in school and a 3 season athelet and only could work over the summers. They wouldnt let me put subs in it. Car didnt have a CD Player, i didnt use tapes. Got a free JVC deck that had seen better days. I didnt have a mounting kit or anything, i ghetto rigged it. Used a piece of composite panneling to make a dash kit, painted it black, used some L brackets to mount it. Looked good. Guys at bestbuy said it was the cleanest most respectable ghetto install they had seen, lol. Then the hu died and i replaced it with a Kenwood That lasted me into the blazer i got that they got for my little sister. I blew the door speakers replaced those, and soon after followed subs. So i was into it at 14, never got my own setup till i was 19. woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port... YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.
jarredondo1999 Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 I was 15 years old working at Astroworld when I bought my first pair of RF 15's. I remember paying $100 for both with a box. Then I bought a Punch 45 for 60 bucks and then went to Walmart to buy an 8 gauge wiring kit, LOL. All this was put on my 87 Pontiac Firebird.
hammerdown Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 dang u guys sure now how to make a young man feel old as hell. I started in the 6th grade back in 19XX, most of you weren't born or even thought of by your parents. the Ground Pounders out of Fla were just hitting the scene with their vans and their monte carlo. vegas were the biggest thing out there then rockford fosgate had the baddest amps out. I'm in my 40's and still building systems. straping amps were just talk then. I have seen the sport come a long way. sherwood amps were some strong amps then I own 2 of the 880s still going strong. My son uses them on 2 15 Alpha Sonics 800 series
solobaric_kid Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 i was 14 almost 15. a friend had a alpine 7875 deck RF 800a2 amp(i think is wat it was) an 2 old skool RF p2 10's in a ported car box all for 300!
DNASTY01 Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 I was 17 years old and I had 2 12" memphis pr and a memphis pr amp I think 600 watts and I had that in a 1992 chevy beretta. I"m now 26 YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em 4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall) 4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall) 4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door) Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp) Orion 800.4 amp Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator 0 guage everywhere Kinetik 2000 for bass Kinetik 800 for highs Memphis Digital Processor 147.1 db @60 hertz
RamenNoodles Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 I wasnt born yet and I liked it. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
JPM75 Posted June 29, 2009 Report Posted June 29, 2009 18th Right on....mines the 5th! I wasnt born yet and I liked it. LOL......bumping in the womb! "loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf "unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.