SQMonte Posted July 2, 2009 Report Posted July 2, 2009 I was a sophmore in high school, so 14yrs old, back in 1990. A few of my friends had beat in their car, but nothing that sounded all that good. But my neighbor was big time into car audio and his sounded sick! One day I was in my house and I heard this loud music coming from out back so I went out there and sure enough, he was out there upgrading his stuff. He had a Toyota 4x4 and had built a custom box for a pair of Pioneer 12's, had Phoenix Gold amps, an Alpine Music Bank in-dash changer, I don't recall what mids/highs but damn they sounded sweet. He did the whole install himself. He was in the process of tuning it when I had heard it so I went over and was talking to him about his install and car audio in general and I'll never forget the song he was playing, "Genius of Love" by The Tom Tom Club. That song sounded so damn good in his car is was unbelievable. That is when the car audio bug bit me, while he never let me actually get my hands dirty, he taught me alot about car audio and what a good system should sound like. I wasn't able to get my own system until a couple years later when I got my 89 Civic LX, I had a Kenwood pullout, Kenwood coax speakers front and back, Pyle 12's and Coustic amps. It's been on ever since then. I've done all the installs in every car i've had since then, and did a few installs for friends, but everything has been easy, amps/interior speakers/subs/head unit/eq. The most custom thing I ever did was get two single din units into the dash of my Civic, one was a Kenwood cd player and the other was a Kenwood spectrum analyzer. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
BassAddict32 Posted July 3, 2009 Author Report Posted July 3, 2009 so most of the first systems were kinda small. i guess you do whatever works for ya. so i've been thinking, since i'm kinda tight on money without having a REAL job yet, should i just stick with 1 15" and a smaller amp? or should i get 1 15", save up for awhile, get the amp, then get the other 15" later down the road? i was just thinking to stick with a smaller amp because it IS going in a minivan and it's staying there so i don't want to put a bunch of money into it. 1994 Ford F150 reg cab 2 HFX 12's Audiopipe APSM-1300
VistaV6 Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 I put my first system in last year (16), didn't have subs, just 4 speakers and a HU. Put my first system with subs in a month or so ago, but its safe to say have been into car audio for about a year. SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 i was always into it, but really get into it till 18 CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
kooch Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 It was 1989, A 1989 mustang hatch. Did not take long to make it a 2 seater. 3 12 mtx eliminators, 2 10 eliminators and 2 8 mtx eliminators. 12's were powered by a Concord ca200 amp, 10's on a concord ca 75, 8's on a concord ca 75 and 4 sets of concord 5.25 comps. not long after the ca 200 blew and i got a rockford fosgate punch 150. i also had a pheonix gold alternator, kenwood 12 disc, and does anyone remember the "invisibeam" it was one of the first alarms that talked. Box was covered in some black shag right out of greg brady's room LOL! I remember playing LTrimm's cars with the boom......man that shit banged!!!!!!!! then in 92 had that tough conversation with the girlfriend.........yea, 9 fukn months later family. Had to get rid of 2 seater mustang, all the boom, everthing. Got back into it this year and not givin it up this time..........
SQMonte Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 does anyone remember the "invisibeam" it was one of the first alarms that talked.I had one on my Civic"System armed" "Step away from the vehicle!" Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
kooch Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 I had one on my Civic "System armed" "Step away from the vehicle!" I think it said"warning you are to close too the vehicle", "step back or the alarm will sound". If it still thought you were too close it would sound the code alarm siren while it was yelling "perimeter security violation". funny shit....
BassAddict32 Posted July 3, 2009 Author Report Posted July 3, 2009 so anyone have an idea on what i should do? i was thinking a 15 plus a Crunch GP1500D. i figure it'll do nice. idk though. EDIT: or a PA BAMF 2000W amp. once of those 2 will do. i'm leaning toward the PA though. 1994 Ford F150 reg cab 2 HFX 12's Audiopipe APSM-1300
BulletInjection Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 it was 2004, I was 14 and me and my brother installed an MTX 10" 8500 off of a sony 175 watt amp (currently in my car... lol!) and hooked up some MB quart 6x9's to the factory wiring in my 1994 ford ranger xlt. My brother and all his friends would always install stuff at my house and some of them had really nice set ups, and I have loved car audio ever since and I don't think I will ever be able to kick the habit My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
BulletInjection Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 so anyone have an idea on what i should do? i was thinking a 15 plus a Crunch GP1500D. i figure it'll do nice. idk though. EDIT: or a PA BAMF 2000W amp. once of those 2 will do. i'm leaning toward the PA though. I am pretty sure that BAMF 2000 only does 1,000 rms if you look at the specs, the bamf 4000 does 2,000rms and the 5000 does 3000rms I think, I know that they are stating the peak power My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.