Sonic Electronix

A idea ive been thinking about !!!

This sounds like a sweet idea.

1) I liked the idea of a east cost - mid west - west coast type challenge

2) 5-6 man teams seems perfect, with a break down something like this. 2 noobs, 2 experienced hobbiest, 1 veteran competitor and possiable a company rep (details on this man later)

3) You said something about maybe getting company sponserships. If this is possible, most companys could use this type of promotion and with a member of the company on the team you could maybe get that company to sell at cost. Thus creating a possible company sponsered vehicle that dosent cost the supporting company a arm and a leg.

4) Love the idea of a limited car selection. Have a total of 5 cars (as already stated) and let all teams know what they are say 3-5 days ahead of time but the day the build starts they have to pull a number from a hat and that will choice the build car. take the top 5 used compition type cars and toss them out and go from there.

5) Youtude could be a very powerfull toolin getting this going also

Just a couple of idea's....

I'd classify in the noob department... east coast cheaaaaa

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

Im about to put in alot time /////to make this happen

Make sure you keep your progress updated on a regular basis on the Forum so that people can keep track and offer support.

You may want to look at local colleges for support with equipment and expertise. Those professional cameras can cost $100,000, so that's not an outlay that's even feasible for this project at this stage. Also, media students can help with things that would probably go unnoticed.

Good ideas here.

Even if you don't like them, cause I don't, MTX would probably be all up for this. They are all about getting their product on TV and will probably sponsor you guys. They jump at every chance they get; Pimp my Ride, Mythbusters, RIDES, nopi tunervision. You'll just have to make it clear that there will be no Jackhammers involved. :rolleyes: Could be a good way to get going. This is a pretty sweet idea but your going to have to be more broad to appeal to everyone. Some episodes are highest numbers with limited cone area and wattage, or class. Wall, below window, trunk etc. Could also do an SQ episode. The budget should be for equipment only. Wood and building materials should be supplied. Allow a week to build but air in a 30 min or 1hr window like monster garage. Always build simular cars together. Astro vs Astro, truck vs truck, that kinda thing. Pick catagories to judge from.

Highest numbers

Best appearance

Total used budget

best sound quality

most speakers

etc

Just something to consider. I would definately watch this if you pull it off.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I think that it's a good idea, but the budget would have to be at least 5K. That's barely enough to buy all the equiptment let alone the building supplies that it takes to complete the build. Not to mention the vehicle. Does that money have to go towards the vehicle too, or is that already provided? Can the competitors import Panda's from Europe? I like it a lot but I just think that maybe the budget should be higher or the score to achieve lower like 155 or 157, something more realistic for the funds available. Or the manufacturer could sell the product to the show at cost to get some free advertising, or they could even donate it instead of selling it.

Or, put a spin on it.

Who can get the loudest with least budget.

Least amount of equipment.

Least amount of build time.

ETC. ETC.

I'd classify in the noob department... east coast cheaaaaa

Do you have a pair of sony xplods in a .75 cubic foot ported prefab enclosure powered by your 20 dollar HU hitting 170deebz, with all HU settings maxed out,with housespeakers for your highs, with a 80's suburban with a lift, with some of those gold 100 spoke 10's, with the hub extendorz, on some thin ass tires, with the fart can dual exhaust, with the autozone neon everywhere run off the 5 cig lighter extentions connected to eachother, of which is an ac adaptor to power your 15"tv with vcr, with the autozone intake, with a BAMF sticker on the back windshield, with 6 sets of the wal-mart fog lights, with the cool autozone flame stickers for you paint graphics,and finally with the TapOut sticker on the front windshield that you dont know what it means but is cool.

If that is you then yes you are a noob LOL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Someone mentioned Pinks. How about Bass Racing "Pinks" style. Have two contestants Bass Race all out, loudest wins. But instead of negotiating car lengths you would negotiate start times. 150db setup vs 155db setup; the 150 guy starts on go and the 155 guy has to wait until 15sec in to start or whatever is negotiated.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived