Sonic Electronix

A idea ive been thinking about !!!

This idea is awesome!!! GL on getting it all together.. Im curious on how your going to choose a building spot.. You going to use someones driveway haha jk

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

Do you have a pair of sony xplods in a .75 cubic foot ported prefab enclosure powered by your 20 dollar HU hitting 170deebz, with all HU settings maxed out,with housespeakers for your highs, with a 80's suburban with a lift, with some of those gold 100 spoke 10's, with the hub extendorz, on some thin ass tires, with the fart can dual exhaust, with the autozone neon everywhere run off the 5 cig lighter extentions connected to eachother, of which is an ac adaptor to power your 15"tv with vcr, with the autozone intake, with a BAMF sticker on the back windshield, with 6 sets of the wal-mart fog lights, with the cool autozone flame stickers for you paint graphics,and finally with the TapOut sticker on the front windshield that you dont know what it means but is cool.

If that is you then yes you are a noob LOL.

lol i pictured everything you stated in my mind. that car would be intense lol.

but i would like to see this idea ensue. i would just head over to the shop and watch them. hell, i would help sweep up the place or clean up just to see how the competition rolls.

edit: west coast FTW!!!

Team Bass-Hz

like the installer challenge at ces/sema.

it is very entertaining to watch.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So you're describing almost every program out there. It's not stealing unless you do the show exactly as they are. It's called borrowed ideas?

Don't get me wrong but after 8 years working for a (television) production company

it's only fair to warn you guys about 'modifying' someone else's idea's, it can get expensive ...

get a bit of legal advise before kicking this thing into gear.

I still think it can be done.

If every thing is OK you can start with gathering the necessary things to make a pilot (single episode, a bit like a demo). Get it out there to try and find a (local) station to produce/air it.

Hell forget television use the web

Maybe, if Steve is interested, the SMD audience can be used as a 20000 user potential target population ...

very interesting for (a) possible advertiser(s).

2cnts

got a bit carried away there ...

Oooh, a play on the design challenges for each week.

One week, only sealed boxes.

One Week only 4th Orders.

One week, only Iso set-ups.

that seems like a really good idea, have it like monster garage as far as days format. first day is design day, next 5 are build days, last day is test and tune/challenge

have 5 cars available, draw from a hat to see which car each team gets, but it should be the 2 "captains" from each team do a coin toss, who ever wins, gets to draw from the hat and both teams get the same car. wouldn't want 1 team to draw a crx then the other team draw an astro, that wouldn't be too fair

have the 2 teams go against eachother on the final day and the winning team gets BOTH cars (only problem would be who gets the cars)

scoring could be judged on cone area, wattage, and how clean the install is. say the higher the wattage the lower the numerical score, same goes for cone area

15k+ watts = 10 points

10-15k watts = 15 points

5-10k watts = 20 points

etc etc and same goes for cone area

then those points can be added to their TL score and that would be their total points for the challenge

just some ideas

This sounds like a sweet idea.

1) I liked the idea of a east cost - mid west - west coast type challenge

2) 5-6 man teams seems perfect, with a break down something like this. 2 noobs, 2 experienced hobbiest, 1 veteran competitor and possiable a company rep (details on this man later)

3) You said something about maybe getting company sponserships. If this is possible, most companys could use this type of promotion and with a member of the company on the team you could maybe get that company to sell at cost. Thus creating a possible company sponsered vehicle that dosent cost the supporting company a arm and a leg.

4) Love the idea of a limited car selection. Have a total of 5 cars (as already stated) and let all teams know what they are say 3-5 days ahead of time but the day the build starts they have to pull a number from a hat and that will choice the build car. take the top 5 used compition type cars and toss them out and go from there.

5) Youtude could be a very powerfull toolin getting this going also

Just a couple of idea's....

Yeah i would love to do the east coast side man...sh*t if i knew anything so i guess id be in the noob side of this lol..if didnt get on i sure would watch tho and tell everyone to and if i was on it then id prob get even more people to watch lol..i mean alot lol

heck even if i wasnt on show id go to set and watch or w.e if possible and try helping and crap..lol..be sick

Archived