My car is in my avatar. Got it used 37k miles from carmax for 13g. Got a 5 year extended warranty for about another g. 6 cylinder, and it has the same insurance as a honda civic...aka: classified with insurance company as not a sport/luxury car. from what the company told us.

The car is low mileage, and ford is reliable enough...satisfying rule #1

The extended warranty satisfies rule #2

The insurance satisfies rule #3

So don't rule out the luxury/sport cars

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

If i would get any american car, it would be the Ford Focus or Fusion. Chrysler and GM won't be around much longer, the new car in the making by GM is already being yelled at because its ugly but *fuel efficient* which means nobody will buy. I take that back, Chrysler could make it, I would never buy a GM right now though because once there gone, its gonna hella tough to find parts for a company that no longer exists. Heck I'm going to go look at the chargers right now.

I like the fact that alot of GM parts are interchangeable.....

GM ftw..... Although I did drive and Eagle Talon :)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Also forgot to add GM Certified Used cars....are something amazing....they have excellent warranties.....and the prices are extrmemely good......plus you can get a car with maybe 5k miles (basically new) and save 8-10k....sounds good to me...and if you retain the factory you also can add an additional year of coverage....for free.....so basically get an 08 and get 4 yrs of warranty.....sounds good to me.

Definately might want to read up on it.....I did in the new car and driver mag.

Heres a snippet from the article.

Certified Pre-Owned: C6 Chevrolet Corvette - Feature

"A brand-new standard-issue Chevrolet Corvette remains an incredible performance-car bargain. For less than two-thirds of the price of a Porsche 911, the latest C6 thunders to 60 mph in 4.0 seconds flat, corners at 0.99 g, and tops out at 190 mph. And for a two-seat rocket, a Vette is also very practical, with 57 percent more luggage capacity than a Honda Accord and tall gearing that, during relaxed highway cruising, squeezes more than 25 miles from each gallon of premium fuel.

Even so, the Corvette’s current base price of $49,515 might be more than some people can or want to spend. If you fall into this group, you’ll be happy to discover the many used Vettes on the market, given that today’s C6 generation was born in the 2005 model year. When you peruse secondhand Corvettes, you’ll also find that many of them have very low mileage, having been driven mostly on summer weekends in cold states. Three- and four-year-old cars with less than 10,000 miles are not unusual.

To reduce the risks of used-car buying, GM offers a certified used-vehicle (CUV) program. Similar to all such programs, GM’s starts with a detailed, 117-item checklist to make sure that everything is operating as it did when new. The car gets a thorough cleaning and detailing, brakes and tires that are more than half-worn are replaced, and the next scheduled maintenance is performed.

Most important for the buyer’s peace of mind is the addition of a 12-month/12,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that goes on top of the original 36-month/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. The CUV is also covered by what remains of the original five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty. So if, in August, you buy an ’05 Vette with 25,000 miles on the odo that was first sold in March 2005, you still have 12 months/12,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper coverage and powertrain coverage until March 2010, or to 100,000 miles. On an ’08 model, the roughly two years remaining on the new-car bumper-to-bumper coverage gets upped to three years.

A CUV Corvette is easy to locate on www.gmcertified.com, but the site’s search functions aren’t strong. For one, you can’t filter by transmission type. Some of the descriptions don’t even identify the gearbox type or the car’s color. Most options go unmentioned. In more than 100 listings, we never saw a reference to the desirable Z51 package, and only through the photos and the 7.0-liter engine size could we determine whether a car was a Z06 model. But free online CarFax history reports are available through GM’s site for each car.

The bottom line is that instead of spending well over $50,000 for an optioned new Corvette—or $75,000 for a Z06—GM’s CUV program has cars priced in the low 30s, with a warranty to protect you if anything goes wrong. Suddenly that $30,000 hot hatch doesn’t look so attractive."

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

wow u guys really dont like imports huh? i guess im the other way around lol

i would take an import over a domestic anyday......

ive owned both, import and domestic..... ive had a chevy lumina, honda civic and now i have a dodge stratus and out of those three i would have to say i prefer the civic over anyone of them.... even tho i cant complain about my dodge stratus i have now, its been very reliable but its just ugly as hell lol.....

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier Deh-600ub

Front Stage: (2) Whip Audio 8" Mid-Bass (2) Whip Auido 6" Mid & (2) Audiopipe ATX-3720

Amps: (2) Cadence TXA300-4 :D

Amp Kit: Knukonceptz

Coming Soon: already ordered

Sub: 2 DD T1508's

Amp: Sundown saz-1500

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

ive owned both, import and domestic..... ive had a chevy lumina, honda civic and now i have a dodge stratus and out of those three i would have to say i prefer the civic over anyone of them.... even tho i cant complain about my dodge stratus i have now, its been very reliable but its just ugly as hell lol.....

As long as its not a ricer, doesnt matter to me. But I would NEVER buy an import truck.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Be honest, I'm still leaning towards the Mazda 3 or the Toyota Corolla S. The Fusion is coming into the picture. I just can't convince myself to buy a car from a company that has already announced bankruptcy. Be honest I wanted the Mitsubishi Lancer at first, but found out the reports were garbage on it. I finally had to convince myself not to get it which is why I'm in the situation haha.

All Ive ever had it dodge,chrysler,jeep etc for as long as i can remeber and never had a problem. Plus with all they shit they are going through right now you can get a brand new charger for hella cheap. I test drove a SRT8 300c and SRT8 Charger today and they are badass cars. I would buy a american any day over a JDM.

yeah buy the car cheap and spend a bunch on parts and service/maintenance.. a break job on them SRT8 cost over $1,000 for all 4 corner..

but why is everyone suggesting all other cars when he had 3 car picked out already.. but too bad guess my input is not needed.. best of luck with what ever you decide to go with...

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

honestly I would get a used car your gonna get a way better car for the price which 99% of the time means more reliable

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

after reading what they wrote, i thought i was going to be the only one feeling the same way. i've always gone import and am not sure if i ever want a domestic for a daily driver

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring