Second Skin Audio

2 options

Which sub  

51 members have voted

1. 1. which would you choose

• soundstream XXX 18
    • DD 9518

maby here? http://www.woofersetc.com/p7740/XXX18--Sou...X-Subwoofer.htm

or maby try to run these n see how they like that 7k http://www.woofersetc.com/p5899/HCCA-154--...m-Subwoofer.htm

ive yet to see a hcca on real power or full rms in a setup, i seen some guy run 6 of those n it get loud as shit in a wall, i myself want to run these sometime later on

n are u stuck on size? n have u ran 4 15's yet? ied run 4 lvl 5 15's or 6 lvl 4 15's?

are u tryin to top what uve done so far with this setup? and what kinda budget?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yes im tryin to top my last setup for sure, i have been talking to both companies and soundstream said strait up that they will not sell me the xxx sub, i dont know why the fuck not but as far as im concerned fuck soundstream, ive only spoke with dd a little and they said it would take roughly 5-6 weeks from ordering the subs to when i will actually get them so im not sure if thats the route im willing to take, i have however been talking with a member on here about 3 re mt sundown nightshade hybrid woofers, he quoted me a pretty killer price so i think i might capitalize on those

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

What did you think about the moabs?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

they looked nice but im thinking of going a different route, ive heard a few things about those that are making me skeptical about going with them, i really am thinking about going the re route

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

lol id like to see the 8500 clean watts on the xxx each daily myself. i personally think they will smoke

it amazes me the amount of people who will make a suggestion purely based on specs. Its not like the XXX is a new woofer if it was so badass you would see more of them. I'm going to add my two more cents in lol. DD may not look as impressive spec wise but I'm willing to bet you are going to have a hard time finding a woofer that you can beat the fuck out of day in and day out and still be as stiff as the day you got it, get as loud as it does through such a broad spectrum and sound pretty good doing it. The XXX doesnt even draw the consideration from soundstream sponsored guys? (Bob Perillo?) If you want to take a shot in the dark for a sub that may or may not disappoint run the XXX. IF you want a proven world record holder you take the DD. ITs a pretty simple choice for me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Nothing wrong with tryin something different though. I think he has ruled out the ss anyway. I've never actually seen anyone running re's in person as with alot of the brands on here but I hear great things though.Hey logan what abbout grabbing some of the smd subs if/when they get released soon.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

it wasnt even RE XXXs IT was soundstream. Ive had RE XXX and Ill keep the DDs

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yes, i was talking about the soundstream xxx but thats out of the question, soundstream said they wont sell them to me, the dd's are still a option but i think i have found another route by going with RE mt hybrids and i think im going to take it

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

it amazes me the amount of people who will make a suggestion purely based on specs. Its not like the XXX is a new woofer if it was so badass you would see more of them. I'm going to add my two more cents in lol. DD may not look as impressive spec wise but I'm willing to bet you are going to have a hard time finding a woofer that you can beat the fuck out of day in and day out and still be as stiff as the day you got it, get as loud as it does through such a broad spectrum and sound pretty good doing it. [The XXX doesnt even draw the consideration from soundstream sponsored guys? (Bob Perillo?)/b] If you want to take a shot in the dark for a sub that may or may not disappoint run the XXX. IF you want a proven world record holder you take the DD. ITs a pretty simple choice for me.

perillo is no longer dealing with ss to my knowlage and i only know one person running the xxx ss and i will go with james on it will smoke with 8500 guarrenteed.

Roseville, CA

Archived