Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 options


Which sub  

51 members have voted

  1. 1. which would you choose

    • soundstream XXX 18
      21
    • DD 9518
      30


Recommended Posts

Posted

lol never had an issue with emails being replied to from brad or steve

Either have i, tho they know who you are when you talk to them on a daily basis and know you got monies :)

 

 

Posted

after talking with logan for a while on which subs to get and the recent offers he has been presented I think he has his mind made up.

haha I feel like his lawyer or something...

anyways if you all don't believe bangin hit up his youtube I was watching his videos last night in awe.

wet dolphin free air yeah you can already paint a picture haha it was insane.

question though what is that speckled stuff underneath the cone?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

Logan, there are 2 of the 18s at Gately Audio in the showroom waiting to be bought

I forget if they are D1s or D2s, but its the 09's and sitting there looking perty

edit: the DD9518s I meant

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

Logan, there are 2 of the 18s at Gately Audio in the showroom waiting to be bought

I forget if they are D1s or D2s, but its the 09's and sitting there looking perty

edit: the DD9518s I meant

funny you say that, because i got a pm from him before i seen this thread, and he was looking for info, and sent him to gately audio since its a close dealer to him :)

maybe if he mentions that another dealer dd dealer sent him to gately they will help him out a tad on price :)

 

 

Posted

after talking with logan for a while on which subs to get and the recent offers he has been presented I think he has his mind made up.

haha I feel like his lawyer or something...

anyways if you all don't believe bangin hit up his youtube I was watching his videos last night in awe.

wet dolphin free air yeah you can already paint a picture haha it was insane.

question though what is that speckled stuff underneath the cone?

haha thanks. sorry I missed this post kasey.

The black speckled stuff you speak of is a re-enforcement on the composite cones to make them stronger.

On the way old composite cones DD use to use on the 9900 series woofers(that are no longer made) use to have a problem with folding/breaking the cones with excessive gobs of power. This added re-enforement that is kinda like chop mat on a fiberglassed door pod adds strength to the plain kevlar composite cone.

 

 

Posted

DD 9500's have my vote with 8in carbon fiber dustcups and extra stiff spiders. you can get the composite cone if you want too. They will take the power your throwing at them! I'm installing my 9515z's in the next week or two. gotta do more sound deadning and bracing to my truck first. Its good to see more members here running DD!! DD FTW

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

Posted

soundstreams are out, i got a call back from them today and they were total fucks...i wont be representing them as whell as dd still no response from them, i have called twice and someone took my name and said i would get a response quick, i have another offer on the table and im thinking of going that route, but as far as soundstream and dd, fuck soundstream

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Posted

you will be very happy with the Digital Design 9518's. I have only heard GREAT things about their build quality and and durability.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10123 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...