Weightlifting/ Workout

I need to get back in there, stupid flu, im probably weak as fuck LOL.

good luck.... I ran out of proteins, sucks but now I gotta eat so much more.... lame!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

as im just starting back i figured id come here for a little extra support. back in high school i played baseball and trained mma some mainly just to get in better shape and see what it was all about. when i started college i started bulking and had great results. i tore a muscle pretty bad in my chest and hadnt went back to the gym since. im 23 , 6'0 or 6'1 and about 250 pounds. i started back last wednesday doing pretty light weights and adding cardio to every session. i have my diet on point and a huge drive right now. just ordered supplements from bb.com. im shooting for the 3 month mark to see what kind of results i get. today i did back/ bi's pretty hard 4 sets 4 exercises each, played a few games of pickup basketball, then finished it off on the bike. im loving the feeling of being back in there hopefully the 3 month mark will yield me some results to keep me motivated and keep pushing myself

Try not to be too jealous

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Eh.... maybe 1, but no more than 2 days a week off though..... and those are good days for cardio work, especially if you tend to be a fat a$$ like I was :)

Most of you guys are WAY younger than me too, and that makes a difference. I know in HS, I was totally conditioned to working out 6 days a week.

Now I'm an old man (48) and again, I'm conditioned to working out 6 days a week, but even on that one day off from weightlifting, I still try to do some hard-core cardio. < Easy in the Summer.... a boring PITA on my cycling trainer in the Winter :( I fucking HATE Winter !

Weightlifting / body building is a weird thing. Sometimes you make pretty decent gains, but its SO hard to see them, when you see yourself every day. Even for the people you are closed to, if they see you every day too.

Then, I dunno' about you guys, but I could have 19" arms, a 52" chest, and 30" thighs, and not be satisfied......

Anyway, about 5% of the time, during, or right after my workout, while looking at myself in a mirror, and comparing my new self to my old obese sack of shit self, from 3 years ago, I look at myself and think, Holy shit ! I'm a completely different person !

The other 95% of the time, when I'm not pumped, or able to see my own reflection, I feel weak, fat, and disgusting. It's called body dysmorphia. Look it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All that said, the facts of the matter are, that I've lost about 120 lbs of fat, and gained just over 40 lbs of lean muscle {not that I'm so swole now, just that I started out SOO pathetically weak} in the last 40 months. My 50 yo goal (18 more months was to be 225lbs@9%. Right now, I'm about 216@12% I'm 6ft even. 1 year ago, I was feeling like I had this wrapped..... but things seem to be slowing way down nowadays. Of course I don't ever plan on stopping, so maybe it will just take 36 or 48 months, instead of 18 :)

Peace,

Fish

This was not actually me.... I was SO self concious about my obesity, I would never have allowed a shot bike this to be taken, but at 275-290 and barely enough muscle to drag all that lard around, this is the closest photo I've found to where I was at 3 years ago, and for most of the 20 years leading to it.....

1929bbf0.jpg

Me, trying to hide my gut with a 3X shirt.....

10042e40.jpg

Loooong ways to go..... But I guess for an old man, who has been obese and weak, most of his life.......

19e56800.jpg

It really bugs me..... As hard as I have worked out, for as many months as I have, I feel like I "deserve" 17" arms at least...... Mine are 16 1/4" with a full pump. But then I have to stop and remind myself, all up until quite recently, my arms were still, slowly, but surely losing fat, at the same time they were gaining muscle, so the size didn't change much, only the shape, and the composition.

I think finally though, most of the fat on my arms is gone. So from here on out, when I gain a little muscle, it should really ought to make my arms grow a little bit too....

Anyway, in the end, all you can do, is all you can do. I ain't never going to be Zack King Kahn, at my age, and with my lame genetics.... but whatever I can achieve, it will be better than sitting around waiting to die of obesity / related health problems......

1aef2d00.jpg

What are your Test levels, Chris. At your age, a generous dose from the doc may be helpful.

I hope that didn't come out wrong, not trying to be offensive.

As T levels drop, it will be harder for you to keep adding muscle. You look like you've come a long way, but father time is gonna try and bring you down LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Orion, about 2 years ago, I had my T-levels checked, They were 419 ng / dl.... decent for an old white guy, I guess :)

But here's the thing, 30 years ago, when I lifted weights for 3 years during HS, I really didn't get any bigger / more swole, any faster than I am now. I totally believe I just have lame genetics for getting really muscular.

Not making any excuses though. It is what it is. One can sit around complaining that they have lousy genetics, OR, they can just make the best of the hand they were dealt. Heck, I already look / feel 1000 X's better than I have for most of my life. Even just a few more lbs of lean muscle would be a bonus.

Peace,

Fish

PS, Lest anyone think my diet might be the problem, check this out...

In HS, yes, I ate all kinds of pizza, fast-food, and assorted crap. Still lost a lot of fat though.

Nowadays, my diet is SOOO freaking clean / strict, I am positive that IFBB pros do not eat any healthier than I do. I know this, because while most of them talk about their macro balances, gm's of protein, and very little processed garbage > while building, and leading up to a show, many will talk about how right after the show they can't wait to eat a bunch of junk... pizza, or whatever, as a treat or something. Ha. Whatever.

I ALWAYS eat clean. I eat zero bread / bread products, potatos, rice, or pasta (carbs are just TOO easy to get from practically anything one does eat)

I also eat zero dairy products. Havn't had a bowl of ice cream in 3 years.

Zero candy. Deep fried foods, Fast foods, pizza, etc.

So you think with all these restrictions, maybe I'm not getting enough to eat ? Well, I eat about 3800-4000 cals a day, including 200gm's protein. You think I need more ?

Hey, I just want to discuss something "totally related" to this thread....... but since this is not a straight up BB'ing forum, maybe it shouldn't have its own thread......

Roids. It just drives me freaking crazy that "every single Youtube vid" which shows an IFBB pro, turns into a "all about roids" thread.

I know that roids "can" make a big difference. But not always. Some people are just not "strong responders"..... often, most likely, the very same people who do not make easy (or at least average) natural gains.

You can take this opinion, or leave it, but I'd bet my truck, that Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Zack King Kahn, or for that matter, pretty much any IFBB pro, would likely get bigger than most of you..... certainly bigger than me, with us on roids, and them not.

People just constantly seem to overlook the importance of natural muscle building / fat cutting genetics !

I commonly see guys who don't even work out, who are more muscular, and defined than I am ! Yes, most of them are 18-24 yo black guys. No, I'm not hating. On the contrary, I'm envious as shit ! I wish I could just "look at weights" and blow the fuck up ! But when you are old, white, and have shit genetics, it just doesn't work that way.

One other thing; For every huge, ripped guy, of which you "correctly guess" is on roids, I am convinced that their are 2 or 3 more, who are also on roids, but of whom either, do not work out consistently enough, or eat correctly...... or, IMPO just don't have the genetics to look like Jay or Ronnie !

For the record, I'm not completely against roids (except maybe for guys under 30 yo, or females). I just don't think they are quite the silver bullet that a lot of guys think they are.

Archived