OrionStang Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 Only supplement you should use at 15 is a good liquid multivitamin. Maybe protein powder, but at 15 you should be eating a truckload of food a day anyway. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Landon75 Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 I'm gonna suggest a simple workout that will make you strong quick. Bench twice a week on Monday and Thursday. 5 sets of bench, reps are 10-10-8-5-5, going as heavy as you can and still hitting all the reps. Then incline bench, 4x10 heavy as you can. Next do military press, 4x10. Finish with db or cable flys. Do this for 4-6 weeks, and retest your max. Go back to once a week after. thanks for the advice im gunna start this now i just did chest today and i will try this again thursday just gotta write this down. its gunna be hard not to see what my max is for 4 weeks lol i can do it though. like ronnie coleman says aint nothin to it but to do it Only supplement you should use at 15 is a good liquid multivitamin. Maybe protein powder, but at 15 you should be eating a truckload of food a day anyway. yeah when i was 15 i took like a scoop or less of whey protein every once and awhile and that was it but after a while i hit a plateau around when i was 16 and i started on some whey and it got me goin again.
Dwn4BassAlan Posted December 13, 2011 Report Posted December 13, 2011 Dude holy shit! I'm 15, not fat but not skinny, how do I get like you At your age your easily consuming more protein than your body needs, NO supplements should be taken until your atleast 16 and 1/2, any earlier and things might not develope quite as fully as they can, depends on if your a late bloomer or not, but either way it can be bad, all things say 18's the minimum, im 17 but im developed and I understand what Im taking, its nothing out of the ordinary and I dont consume much food a day, I seem to have finally caught up and seem to gain weight easily, it hit me quick, you are probably fine at 15, quick enough metabolism, but I just slowed down quick over 16, and it started piling on at 17, i gained 35 pounds between getting my permit and my license, just 6 months, then i lost it all in 2 months. So for now, lifting weights should be all you need, your testosterone will act like any supplement only better and more natural. But even then be careful, they advise you to be 16 to start freeweights, but its really all about development. I'm sure youll be fine. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Landon75 Posted December 16, 2011 Report Posted December 16, 2011 Orion what other workouts do you have I did that chest one last night and it was pretty good. Do you know any good back and shoulder workouts or arm cause I want to get a different routine cause I feel like it's time to switch it up
nautical7 Posted December 16, 2011 Report Posted December 16, 2011 Orion what other workouts do you have I did that chest one last night and it was pretty good. Do you know any good back and shoulder workouts or arm cause I want to get a different routine cause I feel like it's time to switch it up Interested in this as well. I've always done the same two routines and like doing new stuff.
OrionStang Posted December 16, 2011 Report Posted December 16, 2011 Orion what other workouts do you have I did that chest one last night and it was pretty good. Do you know any good back and shoulder workouts or arm cause I want to get a different routine cause I feel like it's time to switch it up Yeah, sometimes basic is better. Like instead of doing 5 different exercises in a workout, pick one maybe two and do a bunch of sets of them. I really don't have anything set in stone. I do something different for secondary exercises every time I lift, but I always start with the basic lifts; bench, squat, deadlift, and military press. If your doing heavy weight low reps, try going a little lighter and doing more reps. Only a little lighter though. I can't tell you what to try without knowing what your split and workouts look like now. For back, I will say this, DO PULLUPS. Start back day with 50 pullups, however many sets it takes you to get there. Then deadlift, heavy as you can, 5 sets of 5. Finally, pick one of the various row machines and best out some high-rep sets. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dwn4BassAlan Posted December 17, 2011 Report Posted December 17, 2011 Orion what other workouts do you have I did that chest one last night and it was pretty good. Do you know any good back and shoulder workouts or arm cause I want to get a different routine cause I feel like it's time to switch it up Interested in this as well. I've always done the same two routines and like doing new stuff. My favorite back and shoulders is; for back: Reverse chest-fly (dumbbell or machine), Deadlift, Row, and yea pullups kill! I cant do 50, but they work you fast. For shoulders: SHRUGS SHRUGS SHRUGS! I don't see why people doubt this exercise so much? I find it to be my most effective workout for shoulders, if not at least as good as shoulder press, but the difference is this, shoulder press also uses the top arm muscles, so you may not want to do those, but shrugs are straight shoulders, if you do very thorough and full "reps" ( not bending your elbows or using momentum to pull it up) on a shrugs with a nice heavy weight, maybe 5-8 times, I use 2 x 85lbs for 7 reps before my elbows start bending and I find it will really get those shoulders going, your trpas will get really sore and grow real fast, I find that the magical trio: shrugs, tricep extensions, and dumbbell press are personally my 3 favorites to do on a set day when I hit my bench plateau and need to increase, so these are my personal favorites for those muscle groups and if trying to increase bench if you hit a plateau. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
nautical7 Posted December 17, 2011 Report Posted December 17, 2011 My favorite back and shoulders is; for back: Reverse chest-fly (dumbbell or machine), Deadlift, Row, and yea pullups kill! I cant do 50, but they work you fast. For shoulders: SHRUGS SHRUGS SHRUGS! I don't see why people doubt this exercise so much? I find it to be my most effective workout for shoulders, if not at least as good as shoulder press, but the difference is this, shoulder press also uses the top arm muscles, so you may not want to do those, but shrugs are straight shoulders, if you do very thorough and full "reps" ( not bending your elbows or using momentum to pull it up) on a shrugs with a nice heavy weight, maybe 5-8 times, I use 2 x 85lbs for 7 reps before my elbows start bending and I find it will really get those shoulders going, your trpas will get really sore and grow real fast, I find that the magical trio: shrugs, tricep extensions, and dumbbell press are personally my 3 favorites to do on a set day when I hit my bench plateau and need to increase, so these are my personal favorites for those muscle groups and if trying to increase bench if you hit a plateau. I don't do any of those so I'll definitely try these out next week, though my back workouts have been on hold due to straining it at work and not wanting to irritate it more than it is. I used to love pull-ups but now have no way to do them since I don't have room for a bar and don't want to drill into a doorway for those flimsy ones. I also don't have any visible rafters to use either so pull-ups aren't really possible. And for shoulders I really like dumbbell raises, those always work pretty nice as long as I pay attention to my form.
OrionStang Posted December 17, 2011 Report Posted December 17, 2011 85lbs for 7 reps for shrugs? I'm assuming you use dumbbells. I used 505(bar) on my last set of 5 last time. Shrugs, however, do not work your delts, you need a pressing movement and side lateral raises to build big shoulders. Military press, side raises and shrugs, 5 sets each. Short, sweet and effective workout if you push your limit on weight. Note: I do a few sets of reverse pec-deck, focusing on the rear delts not back, every other workout. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dwn4BassAlan Posted December 18, 2011 Report Posted December 18, 2011 85lbs for 7 reps for shrugs? I'm assuming you use dumbbells. I used 505(bar) on my last set of 5 last time. Shrugs, however, do not work your delts, you need a pressing movement and side lateral raises to build big shoulders. Military press, side raises and shrugs, 5 sets each. Short, sweet and effective workout if you push your limit on weight. Note: I do a few sets of reverse pec-deck, focusing on the rear delts not back, every other workout. lol yes dumbbells, I also only weight 135 lbs though.....haha, and yes shrugs don't work delts, only traps, I like military press alot too. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.