Superjay Posted March 18, 2012 Report Posted March 18, 2012 I'm back at the gym as of tomorrow morning...cortisone shot to the knee wednesday...I feel like a god right now...if that isn't a sign I'm not sure I'lll ever feel like hitting it again Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
optical Posted March 19, 2012 Report Posted March 19, 2012 I'm back at the gym as of tomorrow morning...cortisone shot to the knee wednesday...I feel like a god right now...if that isn't a sign I'm not sure I'lll ever feel like hitting it again I'm back at the gym as of tomorrow morning...cortisone shot to the knee wednesday...I feel like a god right now...if that isn't a sign I'm not sure I'lll ever feel like hitting it again let her buck
Dwn4BassAlan Posted March 21, 2012 Report Posted March 21, 2012 I finally got up to my target 250 bench. I had been doing it wrong I guess, I had just been pushing the most weight I could for like 2 or 3 reps max, but wasnt really going anywhere. I started to do burnouts and started at: 125x6 130x5 135x4 140x3 145x2 (Pull off the extras) back to 125x(as many as possible) and everyweek I would start with the one I did 5 times as the first one I do 6 times, and so on and so on. Then do pushups and chest flys until total muscle failure Over the past month and a half I went from 150 max to 250 max with no supplements or protein of any kind. It slowed down now, so ill probably start taking them again and reach for 280. Anyone got a preferred protein powder or is just some whey protein good? Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
OrionStang Posted March 21, 2012 Report Posted March 21, 2012 I finally got up to my target 250 bench. I had been doing it wrong I guess, I had just been pushing the most weight I could for like 2 or 3 reps max, but wasnt really going anywhere. I started to do burnouts and started at: 125x6 130x5 135x4 140x3 145x2 (Pull off the extras) back to 125x(as many as possible) and everyweek I would start with the one I did 5 times as the first one I do 6 times, and so on and so on. Then do pushups and chest flys until total muscle failure Over the past month and a half I went from 150 max to 250 max with no supplements or protein of any kind. It slowed down now, so ill probably start taking them again and reach for 280. Anyone got a preferred protein powder or is just some whey protein good? Those burnouts are after heavy bench press? Good idea. I got another version for you if you can give me your heavy working sets info: sets, reps, weight. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dwn4BassAlan Posted March 21, 2012 Report Posted March 21, 2012 I finally got up to my target 250 bench. I had been doing it wrong I guess, I had just been pushing the most weight I could for like 2 or 3 reps max, but wasnt really going anywhere. I started to do burnouts and started at: 125x6 130x5 135x4 140x3 145x2 (Pull off the extras) back to 125x(as many as possible) and everyweek I would start with the one I did 5 times as the first one I do 6 times, and so on and so on. Then do pushups and chest flys until total muscle failure Over the past month and a half I went from 150 max to 250 max with no supplements or protein of any kind. It slowed down now, so ill probably start taking them again and reach for 280. Anyone got a preferred protein powder or is just some whey protein good? Those burnouts are after heavy bench press? Good idea. I got another version for you if you can give me your heavy working sets info: sets, reps, weight. I usually throw on 2 45's to each side and press it as much as I can, usually about 3 sets or 225x3-4 reps, then i hit the burnout at whatever weightset that seems achieveable. Ive started around 150-160 recently so that I can complete the full set. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
OrionStang Posted March 21, 2012 Report Posted March 21, 2012 Okay, instead of doing the multiple sets of burnouts after your heavy sets, drop down to the weight you started at(150-160). Do as many as you possibly can, use a spotter if you have to, but don't let him help to much. The goal is twenty-one reps at this weight. If your spotter is starting to help to much, rack it, wait 10 seconds, then continue. When you can do 21 by yourself, change to a different finisher. You can always come back to this later. On your heavy sets, don't go higher in weight than you can get 5 reps with. So it would probably be 215-220 for you depending on your day. At this stage, 2-4 reps isn't going to be as helpful as reps. Also big jumps from warmup to work sets, here's my jumps on heavy day in January when I was peaked. Bench: 1x15@135 1x12@185 1x10@225 1x6-8@315 1x4-5@365 1x2-3@405 1x21@225 SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dwn4BassAlan Posted March 21, 2012 Report Posted March 21, 2012 Okay, instead of doing the multiple sets of burnouts after your heavy sets, drop down to the weight you started at(150-160). Do as many as you possibly can, use a spotter if you have to, but don't let him help to much. The goal is twenty-one reps at this weight. If your spotter is starting to help to much, rack it, wait 10 seconds, then continue. When you can do 21 by yourself, change to a different finisher. You can always come back to this later. On your heavy sets, don't go higher in weight than you can get 5 reps with. So it would probably be 215-220 for you depending on your day. At this stage, 2-4 reps isn't going to be as helpful as reps. Also big jumps from warmup to work sets, here's my jumps on heavy day in January when I was peaked. Bench: 1x15@135 1x12@185 1x10@225 1x6-8@315 1x4-5@365 1x2-3@405 1x21@225 Alright thanks man, i'll see what I can hit 21 with tomorrow. Haha just imagining that makes me wonder...21 is alot of reps, and the feeling of tired just like drops on me at a certain rep even if it didnt seem that bad haha. It'll probably be like 135-145 so that I can actually hit it with a nice struggle at the end, especially if it's after my heavy set Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
optical Posted April 19, 2012 Report Posted April 19, 2012 damn 8 pages down this thread, Anyways i was wondering if my numbers seem pretty right in sync Weight-135-140 Height- 5'7.5" Bench-175x1 Squat-225x8 deadlift-315x4
optical Posted April 19, 2012 Report Posted April 19, 2012 good stats. thank you, but do my stats line up about where they should be or is one better or worse than it should be in relation with the other ones.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.