blownengine Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 How are those front squats? I have never tried them. Did you have to drop your weight alot? 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 How are those front squats? I have never tried them. Did you have to drop your weight alot? Yes, for two reasons. First, to get comfortable with the form. And second, because my forearms and bi's are so big and arms are short, I can't rest the bar on my chest/front delts. I basically have to "hold" it with my arms instead of just "balancing" the bar. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Nikitaaa Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 Just squatted the other day too, making the transition from box squats to atg and dammmn it's tough. Went from 315x8 to like 275x6.. Hoping going atg will yield better gains, though. maybe 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 ATG is the only wat to do back squats IMO. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Nikitaaa Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 Yeah, it's just a bit sketch to do ATG at my gym because there are no spotting rails to drop the weight on. So unless you have a spotter you're stuck with the damn smith machine.. or any type of squats alone for that matter... 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
OrionStang Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 You get stuck at the bottom, drop the bar. Not gonna break anything. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
MaliBOOM Posted June 14, 2012 Report Posted June 14, 2012 1st day back in gym in 2 months My tattoos are finally healed thank god lol Can't wait to get huge these next couple months!!! www.TheAutoSkin.com MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<< Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<< Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin Owner of The Auto Skin
Blue Posted June 19, 2012 Report Posted June 19, 2012 Just completed a 3 mile jog. Kept a 9 minute pace the whole time. Could have gone longer but decided to end it at 3. Try to get my pace a little quicker on the 3 then move to 4 miles. Feeling good. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
ChillMasterWill Posted June 19, 2012 Report Posted June 19, 2012 a change of scenery(new gym) the new atmosphere will help you continue in pursuit of your goals, just saying I'm glad I changed mine, plus I've got my kids involved(11&13) I'm teaching them the proper way to lift and they go running w/me in the afternoons, it motivates me to see them into working out and staying in shape... gym 5:30am (Cut/Summer Program, Bulk/Winter Program I cut out the cardio) Mon-(Chest/Forearms),Tues-Arms(Bis/Tris), Wed-(Back/Shoulders), Thur-(Legs/Calves), cardio/abs everyday elliptical before workout, after workout treadmill, after my 8 hour workday, I run a mile on a trail w/my two sons Mon-Fri William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator, Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader 99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder" Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE! 2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion 2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined 4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...
OrionStang Posted June 20, 2012 Report Posted June 20, 2012 So, with all the nagging injuries, I have decided to do a massive drop in how heavy I lift. Like starting over. I am using the 5x5 system for squat(mon), bench(tues), deadlift(thurs), and military press(fri). Will be doing a lot of pushups, pullups, and situps as well to prepare for the academy test. Also, 1.5 mile run mon-fri before breakfast. 5x5 utilizes 4 week waves. Week 1, you use 65% of your 1rm for the main lift, week 2-75%, week 3-85%, then week 4-60%. To start the next wave, you add 5 pounds to your max number for bench and military press, 10 pounds to squat and deadlift, then figure out the new percentages. I hope to get through 4 or 5 waves before I plateau, which is bound to happen. You can't just keep adding 5 pounds a wave forever. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.