finkster Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 this diet sucks...and so does this workout..... fuck my life...but it will be worth it for a month. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
FiBTLforlife Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 I stopped drinking soda alltogather and the pounds just started dropping off.Now i drink water,vitamin water and tea. I drink mostly gatorade, powerade, so-be, vitamin water, and propel... thats all you drink? bad for you teeth bro, really bad if your drinking them all the time like that. 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
psx2p Posted April 14, 2011 Report Posted April 14, 2011 I Love to swim and Bike (roadbike not so much on trails) and Im a fatass (6'1 360lbs). Lifting weights is fun but boring after awhile. Im not bothered by weight (until I keel over from a cholesterol induced heart attack) and I do the things I like to do. most people thing if you weigh 300+ pounds your incapable of moving more than 5feet without a rest...... This is me. Misleading huh. 01 GMC Sonoma 4x4 RF T1500.1bd DC LVL 4 12"
optical Posted April 19, 2011 Report Posted April 19, 2011 ok what is the best way to gain weight? I have been trying to eat as much as i can and no matter what i do i cant get over 130-135. My breakfast is protein shake with whole milk (52 grams protein + whats in the whole milk) 1 cup traditional oatmeal with brownsugar added. Lunch-open to suggestions supper 6:30 1 peanutbutter sandwich (break time at work) 9:30 second break at work 1 peanutbutter sandwich 12:00 gym for 1 hour 1:05 protein shake 1:10 last meal till i sleep What are some things i can do to gain weight i want to be 150-160.
OrionStang Posted April 19, 2011 Report Posted April 19, 2011 ok what is the best way to gain weight? I have been trying to eat as much as i can and no matter what i do i cant get over 130-135. My breakfast is protein shake with whole milk (52 grams protein + whats in the whole milk) 1 cup traditional oatmeal with brownsugar added. Lunch-open to suggestions supper 6:30 1 peanutbutter sandwich (break time at work) 9:30 second break at work 1 peanutbutter sandwich 12:00 gym for 1 hour 1:05 protein shake 1:10 last meal till i sleep What are some things i can do to gain weight i want to be 150-160. You need alot more than that. Breakfast is okay, i'm assuming you're in a rush. For lunch, eat a big ass chicken breast and a cup or 2 of brown rice, add some veggies if you want. For dinner, do the same but with a lean steak instead of chicken. PB sandwiches ain't gonna cut it. For your 9:30 snack Eat TWO pb and jelly sandwiches. After you work out, have a 50 gram protien shake and a banana or two. Watermelon is good with your post-workout shake as well. You are gong to need to get some tupperware and a cooler, and precook all your meals. I hope you have a microwave at work, because eating cold chicke and rice sucks, but will help you add size. Another option is to make it all sandwiches. Chicken sandwich for lunch and roast beef or steak sandwich for dinner. You can pm me if you need more help. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted April 19, 2011 Report Posted April 19, 2011 keep in mind that 3500 calories = 1 pound...in theory. so in order to gain 1 pound a week you'll need to add 500 calories a day. if you want to increase hunger eat carbs...that will raise your insulin levels. insulin makes you hungry. you'll want to eat about 250-300 grams of protein a day (based on your current weight) making protein about half your diet. fat should be about a quarter with 50/50 mix of simple and complex carbs the remaining 25%. DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES!!! a rough estimate of your diet, based on your post, I'm guessing you eat less than 2000 calories a day. That was my diet a year ago. I'm eating between 5000 and 6000 calories a day right now to gain weight. You'll also NEED to include anaerobic exercise (weight training) even if it's low impact, with very little cardio. This will fool your body into using all the added calories without burning too much of it away...it will keep your metabolism static instead of increasing metabolic rate over a longer period, as high impact training would. It will take time. 4-6 pounds a week of gain is a LOT. expect 2-3 pounds a week. weigh in ONCE a week. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
OrionStang Posted April 19, 2011 Report Posted April 19, 2011 Although I agree about not relying on shakes for calories, if you have a very busy work schedule you may have no choice. I agree with Jay though, try to get as many of your calories from whole foods as possible. Packets and cans of tuna(or chicken) are your friend lol. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted April 20, 2011 Report Posted April 20, 2011 a can of Tuna has over 30 grams of excellent protein in it...high in omega 3, 6 and 9, and has enough good fat to keep you feeling full for a little while. I used to eat 2 cans for lunch with a little "Old Bay" sprinkled on it...MAYBE some soy sauce, if I'm feeling froggy (watch your sodium, you don't want your weight gains to be water...that's bad). Add an apple and a banana to that and you have a great lunch. Peanut butter on a banana is a really good snack. I try to keep my carbs to around my workout, but since you need them I'd say go ahead and have a peanut butter sammich at around 10am and another around 3pm. you can make that tuna (2 cans) into 3 sandwiches by adding 2 tablespoons olive oil mayo (up to 4 tablespoons, depending on how wet you like it), 1 teaspoon DILL relish (or chopped pickles), 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon chopped onion (if you like), mix it up and put it on whole wheat bread. keep the apple and banana. If you can't eat all that in one sitting work your way up to it. Tuna sandwiches will keep overnight in the fridge so you can make the the night before, put them in wax paper or ziplock bags (I prefer wax paper because it's cheaper and reminds me of the deli sandwiches i got as a kid) throw them in a paper bag in the fridge with the apple, don't refrigerate the banana...it will turn brown, and grab it all on the way out the door. If you MUST use a meal replacement shake because of time try Synthe6...drink 2-3 scoops for a real meal replacement...use 1-2 scoops to supplement a meal when you need to add calories, but just can't eat that much. If you find something you like, though, use it. I only recommend brands I've tried since I actually have experience with them (avoid anything from Muscle Milk...so much sugar...that stuff will make you fat) I like the stuff from Universal, also...and it's CHEAP. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Superjay Posted April 20, 2011 Report Posted April 20, 2011 and, that pic of me in my avatar was a year and 40 pounds ago. that was me at 160..I'm just weighed in at 202 this week. i may not be a professional, so take what I say as advice, not gospel, but what I'm doing seems to be working. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Lost Legacy Posted April 20, 2011 Report Posted April 20, 2011 The Gym is AWESOME!!!! :yahoo: just had to throw that out there Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/ Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.