OrionStang Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 I've changed my split from 4 to 3 days a week due to the bicep injury. No deads for a while. Going to do Bench Monday, Squat Wednesday, and Military Press Friday. I'll gradually be adding weight to the curls to get the arm back up. Its sore as fuck today and I only used 10's yesterday. It'll be back, stronger than ever. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted June 16, 2011 Report Posted June 16, 2011 That's good shit. What weight do you walk around at? Got back, tri's and abs today. I would really like to get this workout down to an hour and a half, but it's difficult to do that with 5 people. I'm about 205 right now, but I need to drop 10 pounds. I gained that by continuing to eat like a bodybuilder and not going to the gym while my hand is healing. My goal is 230 at 10% total body fat...but that's a 2 year goal. Once I get in to heavy weight I'm going to have to stop fighting until I get into proper form...those guys are fuggin HUGE Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
OrionStang Posted June 19, 2011 Report Posted June 19, 2011 So I weighed in at 297.8 last Sunday. This morning I am at 286.4!!! 11.4 lbs in the first week. I'm sure it was mostly water, but its still a good start. Especially since I only worked out once last week. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted June 21, 2011 Report Posted June 21, 2011 I was able to handle a 20 lb dumbell for 2 sets of 10 today. Still quite tender though. On a positive note I attempted some moderate-heavy benching today, as a test of the arm. No pain at all pushing. Did 5 triples at 315, i'm still being a little cautious. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
^_^ Gem132 Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 Alright guys, im fairly good when it comes to knowing what exercises to do and what not, but im lost when it comes to my Traps, i jst dont have a workout for them i know shrugs work them but is there anything variations or different exercises that work them ? Thanks Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100 Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout
OrionStang Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 [quote name= Gem132' timestamp='1308830830' post='1581129] Alright guys, im fairly good when it comes to knowing what exercises to do and what not, but im lost when it comes to my Traps, i jst dont have a workout for them i know shrugs work them but is there anything variations or different exercises that work them ? Thanks Heavy deadlifts will make your traps grow. Do 5-6 sets of deads, then finish them off with the shrug of your choice, barbell, dumbbell, or machine. I like to rotate between the 3, but sometimes my deadlift day is so intense that the shrug machine is the only option. Oh, upright rows with a narrow grip can work traps pretty well, if you're good at "feeling" the muscle you want to work. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 I'd recommend the upright rows on a Smith machine. Also I've been doing a variation of a dumbbell shrug where we hold the dumbbells in front of your body as opposed to the sides. That seems to be pretty effective, but I have noob knowledge compared to Orion and Jay.
OrionStang Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 I'd recommend the upright rows on a Smith machine. Also I've been doing a variation of a dumbbell shrug where we hold the dumbbells in front of your body as opposed to the sides. That seems to be pretty effective, but I have noob knowledge compared to Orion and Jay. You know plenty, dude. That's another part of it, do whatever exercises feel best 'TO YOU' for the muscles you are working. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 [quote name= Gem132' timestamp='1308830830' post='1581129] Alright guys, im fairly good when it comes to knowing what exercises to do and what not, but im lost when it comes to my Traps, i jst dont have a workout for them i know shrugs work them but is there anything variations or different exercises that work them ? Thanks go back through this thread...there's a shoulder workout in here I posted that will work your shoulders and traps HARD...then add HEAVY barbell shrugs, HEAVY dumbbell shrugs and deadlifts that won't injure your lower back. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Superjay Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 I'd recommend the upright rows on a Smith machine. Also I've been doing a variation of a dumbbell shrug where we hold the dumbbells in front of your body as opposed to the sides. That seems to be pretty effective, but I have noob knowledge compared to Orion and Jay. the smith rack will help, but upright rows DESTROYED my rotator cuff. that and behind the neck military presses. VERY BAD for the joint...sure, they will BLWO YOUR FRONT DELT UP!! but you'll pay a price for it in the long run Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.