GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 Jay, I hear ya on the way it messes with your shoulder. It is an exercise that took me a while to get the right weight to use.
badboybear Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 front shoulder shrugs are awsome try to do 3 sets of 40-50 reps with a weight ure capable of liftin 40-50lb. my traps flared up within 2 weeks of doin this routine. ive tryed heavy shrugs and light shrugs with few reps and maxed out reps but found that they didnt work nowhere asgood as this new routine i try to throw in other exercises on odd ocasions, trap bar shrugs machine shrugs and dumbell shrugs goin from each routine with only a 10-20 sec break.
drewb53 Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 Today was my back and bicep day. I got bored so I took a shot of my back. (This is 3 hours after working out so no real pump.) Critique it please, Not the best quality picture. I know I need to build up my lats, and traps. 2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012 no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.
Superjay Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 decent front delt...now work on the rear delt. This is the single most over looked group in the upper body. It will make your arms look LOTS bigger, and help immeasurably with your back days. Bent over flys, and sitting backward on the chest fly machine will get this. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
drewb53 Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 Thanks I do monthly progress pictures and tomorrow is my day for those. So I may pose up a few more for critiqueing. (sp?) 2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012 no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 23, 2011 Report Posted June 23, 2011 I'll take a pic tomorrow and post up a pic from the middle of Jan for comparisons sake.....even though I look like an out of shape sorry ass slob then, lol. I haven't worked out legs in about 3 weeks because I'm playing in a coed volleyball league on the day I used for legs. But it's a different type of leg day now... More about fast twitch and burst.
Superjay Posted June 24, 2011 Report Posted June 24, 2011 I've been trying to go, but haven't been able to do much lately because of my damned hand. I did chest/tri's on Monday, then Tuesday and Wednesday my hand hurt so bad I couldn't write, or even grip anything more than 10 pounds enough to lift it. I'm getting small again. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
OrionStang Posted June 24, 2011 Report Posted June 24, 2011 I've been trying to go, but haven't been able to do much lately because of my damned hand. I did chest/tri's on Monday, then Tuesday and Wednesday my hand hurt so bad I couldn't write, or even grip anything more than 10 pounds enough to lift it. I'm getting small again. Its ok little guy, you'll be back. Really though, injuries suck. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 24, 2011 Report Posted June 24, 2011 I did have a quick, but effective shoulder workout today. Dumbbell shoulder press 50x12 warmup 65x12 75x12 80x10 Machine shoulder press 190x15 210x12 230x10 Front shrugs 75'sx25 75'sx25 75'sx25 Dumbbell lat raises 20x12 25x12 25x10 Front plate raise(superset with Lat raises) 45x12 45x12 45x10 Good workout considering my left shoulder/collarbone area has been sore for about a week.
Superjay Posted June 24, 2011 Report Posted June 24, 2011 my shoulder routine includes the front plate raise with superset lat raises, but adds a second superset of shrug-and-flip of 25x12 for the rear delt. by the end of the last set you are on FIRE... Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.