I think I joined the GroundPounder Club

hmm, i got 2 mtx 5500 1544's n i kno there loud but not that loud, hell if ur doin 147 with a single 12 then im doin 150's with my 2 mtx 8000 15's lol

does a tline take up alot more space than a regular ported box?

and does it help cone movement? my 8000's move somethin fierce n should be ina ported box, i had 1 in a box i built for one of my 5500's n it was wangin, so maby i need to coppy that box n see how i do, this downfire box is loud but its gettin me nowere

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Ok Fellas Thanks once again. I have a competition this coming up weekend for Meca and i will be metered on a TL then i will post back with a true caliber score.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I don't care what anyone says, if you are hitting a 147 at the headrest in a "trunk car," your a ground pounder. There are people on here with twice the power and twice the cone area not hitting the numbers I am. Keep working, keeping getting better...

I had to back up a fellow trunker...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Glad to see i have a little bit of support from someone that has a trunk car LOL. Thanks for the backup BanginAltima.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

The true definintion of a ground pounder is: An infantryman, a grunt.

Are you that?

In my own opinion I don't think that it takes tons of power nor tons of subs to be a ground pounder. I would say you are a ground pounder if you can do 150+ on a TL on music no matter how many subs or how much power you are using. Until you reach that 150+ mark on music then no your not a ground pounder.

I know that some may argue that I am not a ground pounder but those that have sat in my car will verify that I am. I can bassrace 149.9's multiple runs in a row for one, I can do almost a 151 on music at 43hz, I only have 2 15's and 2 1500 watt amps. Please tell me that I'm not a ground pounder cause I only have 2 15's in a no wall setup. They are louder than most 2 18 setups here with much more power. Oh yeah for fun I'll note that the car does a 149.8 at the headrest too, so it's loud when you listen to it.

For a trunk car your pretty loud, you just haven't reached ground pounder status yet. Keep working on it and you'll no doubt get much louder the more experience you get.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

In my own opinion I don't think that it takes tons of power nor tons of subs to be a ground pounder. I would say you are a ground pounder if you can do 150+ on a TL on music no matter how many subs or how much power you are using. Until you reach that 150+ mark on music then no your not a ground pounder.

yessssss this here i agree with. if you sit in a car that has 12 15's and lots of power and does a 152, then sit in a car with 2 15's or 18's and not as near as much power but does a 152 at the same frequency, why would one be a ground pounder and the other not be? imo a 152 is a 152

im not sayin im a ground pounder or not, hell i unno what im hittin, no one round here has a meter of any sort, but a 147 is good on any meeter i think, n audo control can be dialed in just as good i think

but in a tline, ima halfto make somethin like that for my 5500 15's, i couldn't do 130 on a scosh bass stick in the port of my old setup with 2 rf punch hx2 12's and mtx 500d wired to 1ohm on a 45htz tone, lol

i wanna see a 150 on bluegrass :rolleyes: lol http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tease.gif

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

oh ya, 24 15's is more of a wow factor, but i want to see someone hit the lows that multipul subs can play vs 2-4, like randys 30 10's wangin hard as shit almost as much as the 24 15's did

Archived