okay i have a 2002 lexus is300 automatic transmission.

the car was taken care of by previous owner and was garage kept and was in perfect condition when i bought it month ago.

I took it to the track near me which is a 1/8 mile track and i run 10.4 to 10.6 at about 64-67 mph... if my car is rated for about 7.4 from 0-60 why does it take over 10 seconds to do 1/8 mile at 65?

Could be a number of things, like conditions at the track, temperture, track prep, ect. Street numbers and track numbers are two completely different things. Lots of practice and good track conditons is essential. Looking in the other direction could be the car as in things like fuel filter, air filter, plugs / wires, little things like that can hinder performance alot, even though you say last owner took care of it, never know how many miles can be on that stuff.

Could be a number of things, like conditions at the track, temperture, track prep, ect. Street numbers and track numbers are two completely different things. Lots of practice and good track conditons is essential. Looking in the other direction could be the car as in things like fuel filter, air filter, plugs / wires, little things like that can hinder performance alot, even though you say last owner took care of it, never know how many miles can be on that stuff.

the track isnt very even and they spray a lot of that grip stuff almost halfway down the track... i would guess its the track then...

and it was about 90 degrees outside...

and it was about 90 degrees outside...

Well I give you a slight idea of how much temperature affects performance.

Its was 97 outside my brother was having overheating problems b/c of his large intercooler and he ran a 14.9 untuned(terrible)

It started to get dark and it was 73 outside he let his car cool down turned around and ran a 13.7 untuned

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

02 is300 I believe is rated at 215 hp and weighs a tad over 3000 lbs. Its not really going to be a super quick car. adding to the fact that its an 02, and not brand new also takes away some power, even if it was well maintained. The track could also add to that factor, as well as if the times posted were from a manual is300 or an auto. I read somewhere that the manual is300 is faster. forgot where though.

But I rather be a pro at being myself

Than be an idiot trying to be somebody else

well took car this morning to a street where i could stop and go 0-60 and i ran it in 9.4 that was on the street but i am going to be changing all the spark plugs and the fuel filter then will retry it... i might get the spark plug wires changed also...

everybody knows that automatics arent as fast as their manual counterparts.

you arent able to dig as deep into the RPM band in an automatic

my stock 95 honda civic (automatic) with only 102hp can do a 0-60 in about 8 seconds, so weight has a lot to do with your numbers too

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel