DC Sound Lab

put in my new sub last night and the voice coil burnt out in less than 5 min

It mimics dc, BUT the signal is still alternating there-fore is not DC voltage.

the problem with a heavy clip is that the coil doesnt have a chance to "rest".

the (time) between pos. and neg. bias is almost nil.

but at no time can you hook a DC operated piece of equipment to the amp and have it operate.

very simple physics here.

dc voltage does NOT alternate.

there would be no + and - signal on a scope.

even if it was the most hardest of clip it will still alternate.

Ever seen a working amp just push a speaker straight out? and never retract?

answer is no.

Trust me, I used to believe the same thing.

grab a scope and see for yourself.

clip is still ac even though the "time" between + &- is 0ms

thinking back to college classes, i agree with ray...

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Regardless of what happened I know Rusty gave me great customer support with my order of LVL4 12"s and that's what really sealed me on buying the DC's, and I'm sure if you talk to him he'll give you the same good support. There's even a chance that the coil may have originally had a problem in it that when power was put to it smoked it quickly.

There's no company in the world that has a 100% success rate with every product so no reason to blame DC or you for something that could have been a flaw in the coil originally. Talk to Rusty and/or put pics of the coil up here.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Man some of you guys are funny. You act like, how dare he question the sub....Its a DC, there is no way it could be flawed.

If he had the volume as low as he said and the gains were set right, it was likely a flaw with the coil.

This whole thread could be avoided if someone would have just given him Rustys number like he asked.

Edited by Anotherguy

I can tell you the dimensions of the box. It was 2.3 cubic ft after port displacement but before sub displacement and bracing. The port had 29 sq inches because after the sub and bracing was put in, it would be rite at 2 cubic ft and the port was 29 inches long.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

Amps dont"push" dc current.

lol

Unless a torrid is fucking broken or an output is completely fuxored

ugh.. Really now?

Or if the amp is clipped to hell!

Id tend to believe a retail shop over the end user backyard installer like sable nave.

Of coarse the end user/backyard installer is never going to admit to a maxxed out gain/bassboost.

But rusty will be able to tell as soon as he recones it. :)

I would not blame it on the sub unless it was just a freak manufacturer defect.. I have my two lv 3's on a sundown 3k and play it full tilt everytime i go out. I had to recone one sub because i was playing a song which i later found out was clipped. I have bought and set my amps with an oscope since then so i know the signal is clean and have been more cautious about clipped songs and theyre doing just fine. My box is about 3.6 cubes per sub and i have 116 inches of port area which is a rather large box to be throwing over 1500 watts to each sub rated for 600 daily. I have full faith in DC woofers so unless the sub was already defective in some way then i too blame your amp. You will never know if your amp is clipping without a scope.. Just my .02.

Edited by 95_100

i like how everyone posts that the equipment sucks before talking to the person they bought it from. kinda hard for a noob to tell what happened to a woof, also local audio shops 90% are gonna say its the woofer to try and sell you something " better ". let rusty deal with it, until then someone should close this thread cause its going no where.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I spoke with him today earlier, He said he had a 5500 watt power acoustic amp on the 1 LV412 with a 5 coil I dident catch the rest of his system, (batteries,wire,alt and what not) Were sending a call tag for the sub and will find out what happened to it, there will either be a defect with the coil or it will be burnt to hell, either way we told him we would re-cone it for free and even take care of the shipping, we want to be able to give everyone a definitive answer as to what happened. I see that whatever the case may be it has caused doubt for a few people that have considered us for subs. We want people to feel confident when buying a sub from us. Once they leave the shop we have no control over what happens to them but when we get them back its always easy to tell after taking them apart.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

before you pulled up to the store, how long were you playing it? did you full tilt it? do you smell something when you full tilt it?