mbdblue Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 nice work man. this stuff takes years to complete so any progress is good progress. not bad welding for the first time either. Im guessing you bought the risers cuz I didnt see any metal shapers or bead rollers in the pics...no matter, just means you'll get done that much quicker. Ill watch this for more progress AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
rusty959 Posted December 13, 2010 Author Report Posted December 13, 2010 Lol yea. Though I do have access to the stuff to do it I just bought them. With a car like a mustang they aren't expensive enough to merit the time of making them. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
UnderLoK Posted December 13, 2010 Report Posted December 13, 2010 It's been a long time since I've seen one with that much hurt on it being redone from scratch, nice work man. I have two friends and 2 family members with 60's Stangs, they are slick. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
rusty959 Posted December 13, 2010 Author Report Posted December 13, 2010 Yea, Im not really sure how to classify how bad the rust is on this one. Realistically the body is in pretty good shape besides the front bumper (obviously not even there, but from what I got from the guy who had it before me that was more a factor of curb damage than rust), the front left fender and the back of the quarters behind the tires. The majority of the rest of the body is pretty good still. Otherwise this wouldn't have been a good project... For awhile I was thinking I might replace both the fenders but I blasted the passenger side this summer (still haven't found the pics) and I think it is salvageable, but Im pretty sure the drivers side isn't worth the work. Oh well. 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
UnderLoK Posted December 14, 2010 Report Posted December 14, 2010 Yea, Im not really sure how to classify how bad the rust is on this one. Realistically the body is in pretty good shape besides the front bumper (obviously not even there, but from what I got from the guy who had it before me that was more a factor of curb damage than rust), the front left fender and the back of the quarters behind the tires. The majority of the rest of the body is pretty good still. Otherwise this wouldn't have been a good project... For awhile I was thinking I might replace both the fenders but I blasted the passenger side this summer (still haven't found the pics) and I think it is salvageable, but Im pretty sure the drivers side isn't worth the work. Oh well. If you have the time it's worth the effort and that is all there is to it. Back when I was younger all my buddies did their work from scratch, but now that we are in our 30's it would be a cold day in hell before they didn't pick up a catalog and order the quarters or get them local (Detroit has insane amounts of muscle parts) If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
monkeyleg Posted May 18, 2011 Report Posted May 18, 2011 This is awesome, hopefully there will be more updates since schools out. Google it
Stingray13 Posted October 9, 2015 Report Posted October 9, 2015 I know its been five years, but any progress?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.